Accountant Oman – Puratos – Barka’
Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 9000 employees in 74 countries, with a consolidated turnover of over €1,9 billion in 2018. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This coupled with our commitment to our communities is what makes working at Puratos so magical.”
Based at BanoPuratos in Oman, in order to further strengthen our local team, we are currently seeking a:
Guarantee the accuracy of the accounting information, assist in supporting the development of the business by providing accurate and proper data for analysis.
- Manage the accounting registers and guarantee that it follows the local legislation and the group standards.
- Manage the day to day activities and transactions and Participate the monthly closing cycle.
- Interpret and analyse the balance sheet, and GAAP of the company
- Support Account Manager in comparing financial performance results and expenditures with the respective plans, standards and budgets, analyse these data and reports about most important trends and deviations and propose corrective actions
- Ensure the accuracy of the provisions and accruals on a monthly basis
- Ensure proper reconciliation of all the accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensure proper accounting of taxes, proper filings of the documentations
- Ensure that all documents are properly archived
- Respect and ensure application of both Finance and internal control procedures, in accordance with Group guidelines, in order to minimise the risks of mistakes and fraud. Successfully pass the external audits on the financial results
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or relevant field
- Experience of 3-4 years’ experience
- Expertise in international accounting rules
- Analytical capabilities
- Knowledgeable with local tax legislation
- Knowledge in application of bookkeeping, accounts payable, general ledger, reconciliations and related accounting functions,
- Detail oriented, accurate, eager to learn, and improve herself/himself.