AECOM: Project Surveyor
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
Job Summary The Project Surveyor (PS) reports to the Senior Project Surveyor (SPS) and is responsible for all quantity surveying activities with regards to the tasks allocated to him by the SPS.In addition the PS will be expected to aid and support Assistant Project Surveyors within the team.The role location will vary and may be office based at the Oman HQ in Muscat or at project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the SPS with all aspects of pre-contract services inclusive of measurement, cost planning and production of BQ’s for construction projects.
- Assist the SPS with preparation of tender and contract documents.
- Assisting in and contributing to value engineering and viability studies.
- Monitoring contractors’ cost control procedures throughout the duration of the project including the construction phase, final account and Defects Maintenance phases.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining all required cost control and audit procedures for all project cost control activities designed to measure the project status.
- Assist in assessing, evaluating and making recommendations related to any financial claim and providing the necessary input with regards to settling such claims.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining variations and claims registers.
- Assist in evaluation all change management including variations, additional works, field changes, additions and omissions, and incorporation of the same within the monthly cost reports.
- Preparing and pricing Change Orders and negotiating agreement with the client and contractor as necessary.
- Conducting viability studies and cost estimates.
- Communicating with the various parties to the contract including attending meetings and taking minutes of meetings.
- Provide assistance to the team during negotiations, arbitration, or any other forms of dispute resolution.
Minimum Requirements Qualification
- Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying or equivalent; andRICS chartership (or equivalent) or working towards chartership would be preferred.
Specific skills required
- Excellent level of literacy skills in English
- Working knowledge of industry practices
- Excellent understanding of quantity surveying practices
- Good understanding of methods of measurement and measurement / billing software
- Computer literate with excellent communication skills
Preferred Qualifications Person Specification (Personality Attributes)
- Willingness to learn and challenge.
- A pro-active, problem-solving, solution-driven attitude.
- An embracer of change.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a small team.
- Flexibility in approach and attitude: the Oman office is a relatively small team and staff are expected to adapt to many roles and responsibilities.
- 5-10 years’ experience is required;
- Some Middle East experience is preferred;
- Varied market sector experience is preferred, with some oil & gas experience
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM