Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around
the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line Construction Services
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client’s unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner’s representation to our clients around the globe.
AECOM is currently seeking an experienced S.H.E Advisor to be based in Muscat, Oman. Reporting to the Senior Resident Engineer on site, this role is to advise and report on all activities related to Health, Safety and Environment, AECOM HSE Management System and Project HSE Procedures. To assist in contributing to the safe work environment through encouraging a safe workplace culture and raising awareness to reduce the number of incidents and injuries.
- Planning for HSE
- Assist with implementing the AECOM’s OHS plans and strategies
- Encouraging a Culture of Safety
- Encourage the prompt reporting of hazards & risks
- Raise management and staff awareness of safety accountabilities & responsibilities
- Assist in the evaluation of auditing and incident investigation procedures
- Ensuring Workplace Safety
- Conduct workplace audits and risk assessments
- Recommend remedies to identified risks & hazards
- Assist in addressing identified actions resultant from Safety Management System and Work Cover audits at sites as required
- Liaise with relevant authorities in respect to OHS issues
- Design induction/coaching/training programs
- Conduct safety induction programs
- Facilitate OHS coaching and training programs
- Maintain accurate records and filing systems
- Work cover administration
- Return to work coordination
- Compile, analyse and report work injury statistics
- Professional Development
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the OHS field including legislation, regulations, guidelines & best practice.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HSE works in similar Projects out of a minimum of 10 years overall experience.
Specific Skills Required
- Effective oral and written communication skills. And competent at writing reports – can present views clearly and concisely in good written English.
- Detailed knowledge of construction techniques, method statements with knowledge of risk assessments, and identification of risks. Ability to generate HSE audit reports and evaluations
- Bachelor degree from a recognized University in a construction related engineering discipline – either Civil/Structural or MEP with HSE qualification
- Tertiary qualification in OHS desirable
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.