Aquatic diseases consultant – Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries Wealth – Muscat
Performing aquatic animal health inspections, analyzing samples, performing and supervising laboratory work, and interpreting the results of analyses, as well as the results from specialized reference laboratories.
- Advising on the health and production of aquatic animals on fish farms.
- The ability to perform diagnostic work to determine the causes of aquatic diseases.
- Epidemiological investigations of emerging diseases, evaluation and diagnosis of various aquatic health problems.
- Preparing the necessary strategies for inspecting and monitoring marine biology diseases.
- Preparing aquatic health certificate forms.
- Experience in collecting samples from fish farms and methods of preparing them for the work of diagnostic analyses of the pathogens of marine biology.
- Ability to provide recommendations and prescriptions for controlling outbreaks of water diseases.
- Training of specialists in anatomy examinations for fish diseases.
- Performs other similar works assigned to it.
Conditions of occupying the position:
Candidate should have a Ph.D. in Aquatic and Veterinary Biology Scientific with a minimum practical experience in the field of diagnosis of aquatic diseases in fish farms veterinary medicine
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: RO1,500.000 to RO2,000.000 /month
- Practical experience : 10 years (Preferred)
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)