Area Superintendent – Wood Plc – Duqm
Overview / Responsibilities:
Wood is currently looking to appoint an Area Superintendent for the Duqm Refinery Project to be based at site in Oman on an 8 weeks ON / 2 weeks OFF rotation.
The Area Superintendent shall report to the Construction Manager and have overall responsible for a particular area of the worksite, although from time to time he shall assist in other areas of work when required. The Area Superintendent will stand-in for the Construction Manager when they are absent from site. He will ensure the Construction Supervisors, that are assigned duties on specific areas/units, are aligned both internally within IPMT and externally with the Contractor to progress and support site activities. The Area Superintendent shall have multi-discipline capabilities and will stand-in for Area Supervisors when they are absent from site. The Area Superintendent shall routinely interface with the Contractor’s Construction Manager.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Communicate the Project safety standards, rules and regulations as captured in the PMC and EPC Contractor’s HSSE plans and procedures to PMC and EPC Contractor personnel
- Monitor and enforce the adherence to the safety standards, rules and regulations
- Maintain and enforce housekeeping and hygiene standards inside the construction areas including offices, canteens, restrooms and change rooms
- Ensure construction is executed in accordance with applicable specifications, drawings and standards with special emphasis on revision control
- Participate in regular on-site EPC Contractor progress meetings, actively participate in interface coordination meetings and attend other project meetings as required
- Ensure work and quality related inspections are carried out in accordance with the PMC Quality Management System (QMS) and approved Inspection and Test Plans
- Ensure the results of quality inspections and non-conformances are registered and properly documented, remedial actions are defined, effectively implemented and closed out
- Review the EPC Contractors’ progress and productivity measurement reports and advising the Construction Manager on trends or occurrences with a possible negative impact
- Ensure instructions for approved scope changes are issued, processed and efficiently implemented
- Coordinate Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning activities with the PMC Commissioning staff and EPC Contractor, provide input into the Commissioning Program
- Give input for the monthly construction progress report and other project reporting requirements
- Review the EPC Contractor submitted look-ahead schedules and advises the Construction Manager on activities start / finish deviations from the construction planning with a possible negative impact
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree or a two year Diploma in a relevant discipline from a recognized university, whilst a higher degree would also be beneficial
- A minimum of fifteen years’ experience in construction management and execution of major refinery projects, of which a minimum of ten years’ experience as construction superintendent or leadership roles with proven track record in construction of process units for major and mega Oil & Gas projects
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company’s systems, processes and standards
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and analytical skills due to the complex and diversified nature of the position
- Extensive skills in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations
- Possess a full understanding of System Completions and the processes and steps to achieve Mechanical Completion.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.