Assistant Manager – DBA – Bank Nizwa – Muscat
- Able to act independently in the absence of primary DBA to handle all production systems
- Install / Patch UAT / TEST oracle databases
- Manage and maintain UAT / TEST instances
- Work closely with application teams in fixing the issues of UAT / TEST systems.
- Monitor backups and perform periodic restores to validate restore procedures and media.
- Monitoring the database performance and fix any performance issues
- Use monitoring tools such Toad / Oracle Enterprise Manager / Sql Management Studio / Interactive SQL
- Report DB performance issues to the application vendor, work with vendor to get appropriate fixes.
- knowledge of Linux / Windows is a must
- Ensure the databases are adhering to Minimum Security base lines.
- Maintain process and procedure documentation related to databases.
Relevant Experience in Years
- Degree in Database management / Computer Sciences
- Engineering in Database Management / Computer Sciences
- Oracle Database Administration
- Expert skills in operating systems such as Linux / Unix and windows
- Cluster management and failover methods, thorough understanding of Storage management
Any Other Relevant Information