Faculty member is expected to maintain the highest personal standards of character and conduct, to keep abreast of his or her academic discipline through continuing study, research, and/or participation in the activities of his / her professional organization.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students
- Ensuring students reach their full potential through the use of innovative teaching methods.
- Supervision and counseling of students on theoretical and practical activities.
- Supervise students’ laboratory work (if required).
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, laboratory performance, assignments, and papers.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment.
- To assist the chair and colleagues of the member’s department in carrying out the program of the department.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge, and publish findings in professional journals, books and/or electronic media.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Prepare and submit required reports related to instruction.
- Act as advisers to student organizations.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Provide professional consulting services to government and/or industry.
- Any other duties assigned by the Dean.
A holder of a PhD degree or an equivalent degree in the relevant or related field from a recognized University.
Two years of experience in teaching and research with earned academic rank of Assistant Professor in a recognized University.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to teach, manage and assess undergraduate and post graduate courses in related field.
- Ability to develop course and program materials
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to provide tutorial and academic advice to undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Ability to develop and maintain a research program and to publish in international journals
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in outreach activities
- The candidate should have a strong commitment for teaching excellence and student advising.
- The candidate must have a strong record of research capabilities supported by an extensive list of publications.
- Advanced interpersonal verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in strategic planning, academic program development.
- Competence in IT skills