Atkins has been awarded significant new contracts in the Power Generation sector and are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our established team to help us deliver these major opportunities.
Atkins’ opportunities cover leadership and engineering roles in thermal power generation.
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record in their chosen field typically within an existing power utility or consultancy organization.
The positions will be based in our prestigious offices in the UAE or Oman.
Suitable candidates will possess the following:
- Degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered or working towards becoming Chartered
- Minimum 10 years experience of working in the power generation sector as a mechanical engineer
- Experience in development of CCGT projects in the Middle East Region
- Experience of providing engineering or project management support to large scale existing and/or new build power stations (Highly desirable).
- Some understanding of legal frameworks associated with power projects
- Exposure to Asset Management in Power Plants
- Understanding of client interface requirements with Middle East experience
- Experience of supervising teams of professional staff
- Proven capability of technically delivering engineering projects
- Experience in developing/mentoring junior engineers
- Strong stakeholder management
- Leadership of engineering projects through specification and delivery to time, quality and cost
- Acting as technical lead
- Supervising and mentoring junior engineers
- Liaising directly with clients to ensure their existing and future requirements are met
- Liaising with other parts of the Atkins business to ensure that the best overall solution to the client is provided