Ballet Teacher – The International School of Choueifat – Muscat
- Develop and train a team of students for competitions. This includes, but may not be limited to, the development of written practice plans, performance tracking and associated departmental reports.
- Enables the success of student academic achievement through implementation of the SABIS Ballet curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the SABIS Point System of instruction.
- Has an oversight role for all students within the school setting, to ensure a safe academic environment conducive to learning and maintain the professional SABIS image.
- Observes students to determine physical and artistic qualifications and limitations and plans programs to meet students’ needs and aspirations.
- Reports regularly to the Head of Department regarding students performance and challenges, with recommendations for action and a summary of actions taken.
- Ensures proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students and works cooperatively with the Student Life and Student Management teams.
- Develop and implement drills and activities related to the Points of a lesson following the outline of Regional Ballet.
- Attend and judge the Inter-Choueifat Competitions.
- Choreograph and direct the end of year dance performance with all grade levels, which is developed throughout the year.
- Certificate in subject area to be taught
- Leadership and team management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills; Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Goal orientation; Planning and execution skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Dependability; Readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks. Additional details about this position will only be provided to short-listed candidates. SABIS® is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non – discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, disability or any other legally protected characteristics.
About Company:In our increasingly competitive world, a high-quality education gives students a wider choice and better chances in college and university as well as the skills and tools needed to succeed throughout their lives. Through the SABIS® Educational System™, students at ISC-Muscat will learn with an efficiency of time and effort. ISC-Muscat students will be helped to achieve their full potential. Practically any student can achieve this aim – not only brilliant students.