Bechtel: HSE Specialist
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: Yes
– Relocation Authorized: International – Single
– Project No.: 26079
– Grade: 26-27
Establishes a leadership position in the areas of HSE across the Project. Sets strategic direction and objectives for HSE. Integrates all aspects of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE) (including medical and industrial hygiene), processes, procedures, systems, methods and policies critical to the success of HSE on the Project.
– Promotes integrity, technical competence, and commitment to HSE on the Projects
– Provides technical support to feasibility studies, site assessment studies, and Project risk assessments
– Ensures that HSE Plans are produced, developed, implemented, monitored and audited for Projects within the area of responsibility in accordance with established policies, systems, processes, procedures and methods, client and/or host country requirements and regulations and reports and presents to the PMT as necessary.
– Provides operational direction and functional supervision of work practices of Bechtel and other contractors/ subcontractors. Monitors, evaluates and reports on Project HSE Performance.
– Leads meetings, as necessary, with customers, Project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to communicate Project-specific HSE risk assessments and mitigation plans, training programs, and technical reports; Liaises with the Project Security Manager as required.
– Stops work in dangerous situations or conditions having imminent adverse HSE impact. Stipulates acceptable work practices that are to be implemented before the work can be resumed.
– Manages and conducts Project serious accident and/or fatality investigations and notifications; documents factors contributing to an incident and ensures the preparation of required reports
– Provides operational direction and functional support as appropriate for Project HSE orientation and training of Project manual/non-manual personnel on the Project
– Ensures that Project EIA requirements (including International Finance Corporation/World Bank, etc. requirements) are monitored managing and/or liaising as necessary with 3rd party consultants and internal disciplines; establishing and implementing inspection programs relative to the Projects’ construction activities to monitor compliance with environmental requirements including contractual commitments, permits, EIA and Construction Environmental Control Plans (CECP)
– Ensures occupational health and medical arrangements are developed and implemented relative to Project requirements including sanitation, potable water, food safety and hygiene, and health inspections of facilities, rescue, emergency transportation, and evacuation on the Projects.
– Ensures that host country, Client and Bechtel standards are integrated as appropriate into a single document.
– Bachelors degree in Environmental, Safety and Health, or related science/engineering from an accredited college or university or Nebosh Diploma or equivalent; CMIOSH, MASSE or equivalent; 15 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas sector.
– Bechtel Certification as HSE Lead for the grade.
– Experience in establishing overall HSE Management Systems/Standards for EPC Contractors to align too.
– Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of Contractors and/or Consultants
– Experience in working on-site preferably as a Project ESH Manager in Bechtel and, in particular, the Middle East with multi-national work teams in EPC and PMC roles/Projects.
– As PMC, working alongside The Client in an Integrated Project Management Team (IPMT) establishes a leadership position in the areas of HSE across the Project. Sets strategic……
– Experience in providing technical oversight of HSE Advisors and/or Contractors and/or Consultants
– Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction. Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.