The Projects Procurement Manager is accountable for all procurement activities required to deliver asuccessful project within their assigned scope of work.The Projects Procurement Manager is
accountable for procurement delivery in accordance with the Project Procurement Strategy including but not limited to Strategy development, Sourcing, Bid Analysis, negotiation and post award management activities
- Deliver Procurement Activities in support of the Khazzan Major Project with focus on Procurement activities to support Export Pipelines, Well Sites, Gas Gathering System and other related infrastructure.
Execute the full sourcing process which should include development of strategy, scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and award execution.
Deliver Post Award activities to include expediting, materials management and management of variations and change.
Interact closely with the Global Category Teams to ensure project procurement activities are aligned to Global Category Strategies and benefits are realised.
Provides Procurement expertise to Project Delivery Team
Prepares and presents, for approval, required papers for Project Contracts Committee, Tender Sub-Committee and Contracts Governance Boards.
Drive to remedy inconsistent supplier performance across the project and improve overall supplier performance.
Ensure local content requirements are met in execution of assigned procurement activity
Executes supply chain risk assessment and mitigation for project activities within their scope
Ensures all Procurement Activities are delivered in compliance with BP Company and Project Processes.
Complies with BP Code of Conduct; executes processes that achieve HSSE goals and improve contractor safety and reliability
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical Discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Only for Omani Nationals
- Strong experience within Oil and Gas Project/s.
- Solid set of core PSCM skills in Procurement contracting, market approach, bid analysis & negotiations.
- Thorough understanding of Strategy Development, Strategic Sourcing, and Supplier Management processes
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable criteria and qualifications
Professional PSCM qualification (MCIPS) or equivalent
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
- Limited Travel with as required visits to project site and supplier premises.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.