Business Development Manager – Panalpina – Muscat
Job Function: Marketing and Sales
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Level: Professional
Office Location: Muscat (MCT)
The DSV Panalpina Group is one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain solutions. The company combines its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions for eleven core industries. Drawing on in-depth industry know-how and customized IT systems, DSV Panalpina manages the needs of its customers’ supply chains, no matter how demanding they might be. Energy and Project Solutions is a specialized service for the energy and capital projects sector. The DSV Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and it works with partner companies in over 90 countries.
We are looking to hire an Business Development Manager to achieve sales plan objectives with assigned SME clients and targets by effectively selling DSV Panalpina products.
- Generate business with assigned SME clients and targets in line with the sales plan
- Assure the successful client integration
- Strong Knowledge in Verticals and ability to understand technical for Each IV.
- Provide information to the GM for “sales planning” and forecast activities (including prospect qualification and local market intelligence)
- Provide client and target information, maintain CRM
- Execute sales process
- Business administration / commercial background
- Sales experience within our industry (minimum 2 years)
- Functional experience in air / sea / customs brokerage
- Local market knowledge (customers, competitors, suppliers)
- Expertise and professionalism in customer contacts, understanding of customer requirements, analysis and resolution of problems and complaints
- Regularly conduct data quality checks for pipeline management and defined sales milestones
- Ability to successfully execute the sales process.
- Ability to manage cross-functional interfaces (Operations and ISPs).
- Self-management (Planning, Organizing & Goal Setting, Execution)
- Decision-making capabilities
- Self-driven and with strong spoken and written communication skills
- Relationship building and maintenance capabilities.
- Results oriented
- Customer focus
The BDM is expected to have extensive knowledge of their territory, including all shippers/consignees. This will be done Geographically by having a defined territory in which to work. Territory management includes knowing every potential customer inside your territory and using down time (between calls and weekends) to drive around and gather data on potential new accounts.
- English: fluent in written and spoken
- Local language preferred