CB&I: Heavy Haul & Lift Technician
The Heavy Haul & Lift Technician will oversee inspection, diagnosis, adjustment, repair, or overhaul of machinery/equipment. Main responsibility is to ensure that all fuel lines, brakes, transmissions, and other systems areworking on par with the project’s safety requirements.
- Perform scheduled maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating parts.
- Overhaul and test major components, such as engines, hydraulics, and electrical systems.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, hammers, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Test drive overhauled equipment to diagnose malfunctions and ensure operating efficiency.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Ability to perform diagnostics and repair of various mechanical and electrical
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world