Client Manager, Oman – Maersk – Muscat
We are looking for a dynamic & proactive Client Manager in our team to manage and develop the local business relationship and performance of assigned customers. The mission will be to ensure that the company goals are met in terms of sales target, revenue, market development and territory coverage. The incumbent should be able to achieve better market coverage of Oman, and to harness overall business potential across the entire supply chain of the assigned customers in his/her portfolio.
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service!
Our diverse team of passionate and dedicated colleagues are empowered and supported to grow by their leaders. We all have our customers in mind, in every action of our daily work life, and this is truly the key to reaching our target!
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterised by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognised and well-rewarded.
- Client Strategy and planning
- Manage and develop the relationship with the sub-entity of the contractual customer in line with Maersk/global strategy
- Develop local value proposition to be included on the global tender, if any
- Develop local business plan for increasing overall supply chain Share of Wallet and position Logistic & Services products
- Grow local presence across products with the sub-entity of the customer through new opportunities–also through sub-suppliers.
- Define the local value proposition and work closely with local product organization to grow and deliver revenue growth supporting the local product P&L
- Support the overall customer experience and support global value proposition
- Deliver client profitability as per budget
- Ensure successful business onboarding and contract compliance
- Customer Relationship
- Position Maersk towards the local influencers of the global tender success and towards local decision makers on country relevant products
We are looking for
- 1-2 years’ experience in sales or commercial, preferably in International Shipping / Logistics
- Demonstrated results – performance, teamwork and organizational wise. Track record in successful selling and closing business
- Confident, Self-motivated, and disciplined
- Logistics expertise
- Supply chain expertise (to optimize SOW across products), insight selling, connectors (stakeholder management, influencing skills)
- Negotiation skills/procurement tactics
- Strategic partnering, financial/commercial acumen, matrix management, value co-creator, presentation skills
- Decisive and Result Oriented
- Drive ownership, resourcefulness and is driven, focused and persistent in achieving their goals
- Capable of identifying new business opportunities and driving growth.