CONT IMPROVE SR. SPECIALIST – 1015697 – Vale – Oman
Activities and Responsibiliti
Responsible for supporting Continuous Improvement deployment program in Vale Oman.
- Impelemntation the culture of Continuous Improvement in Vale Oman;
- Lead, facilitate and support project teams to complete Continuous Improvement initiatives on timely manner, linked with Vale Oman business objectives
4. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- To promote Continuous Improvement in the managerial level and staff level, ensuring that critical support and resources are obtained to achieve successful implementation of the projects;
- To support in projects selection process for Continuous Improvement deployment.
- To lead Continuous Improvement projects that are linked to business objectives.
- To provide support and coach for trained candidates in Continuous Improvement (Belt Projects and Kaizens) to ensure effective delivery of the projects and development for the candidates.
- To act as a Change Agent, influencing and communicating to the employees about Continuous Improvement principles.
- To coordinate between projects leaders and their sponsors to ensure smooth execution of the projects.
- Lead, facilitate and audit 5S Implementation as per the Continuous Improvement deployment plan.
- Facilitate the implementation of Lean Daily Management System as per the Continuous Improvement deployment plan.
- To communicate effectively through all levels of Vale Oman, making sure Continuous Improvement is well understood and implemented successfully;
- To coordinate and report Vale Oman Continuous Improvement on monthly basis as well as sharing the progress to Vale Brazil’;
- To prepare and update training materials as per Continuous Improvement deployment plan.
- To coordinate and participate in delivering the training related to Continuous Improvement as per deployment plan.
(*) At any time, Vale can review, at its discretion, the job roles, and responsibilities according to its strategy.
Experience and Knowledge
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience :+8 years and minimum 5 year in Continuous Improvement , with deep understanding of business processes including Operations, Technical, Maintenance and Support services.
- Formation: BSc in Engineering, Business or Management.
- Specific knowledge: Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Manufacturing Practitioner.
- Fluency in Arabic language and English, both written and spoken.
- Strong change management and interpersonal skills, able to focus on business impact and change in behaviour for the new ways of working and thinking
- Ability to drive implementation of new processes and support the organisational changes
- Ability to communicate at all levels across the local organization and guide them toward the local achievements
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Good workshop facilitation skills, with the ability to adapt to local cultural differences
- Results driven with a strong analytical and problem solving skill set
- Open minded, positive attitude and high drive to succeed and break through barriers
- Ability to perceive situations from different perspectives
- Clear, persuasive and collaborative communication & influencing skills
- Proactively addressing problems jointly with stakeholders before they grow acute