Contracts and Procurement (CP) Engineer – Shell – Muscat
- Ensure the application of the Contracting and Procurement (CP) procedures, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mindset, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, Anti Bribery and Corruption, Anti-Trust, Conflict of Interest, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
- Develop and deliver market beating Supply Chain strategies by continuously driving supply chain transformation agenda for assigned categories with no compromise on safe execution and bottom line well delivery;
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs for assigned categories from internal and external stakeholders and propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices to drive value and efficiency.
- Conduct market intelligence, tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with suppliers for assigned categories in a consistent, ethical and auditable manner in full compliance with project standards, procedures and legal requirements.
- Manage day-to-day activities for assigned contracts portfolio associated with timely planning, execution and reporting of all aspects/stages of project’s tendering/contracting process.
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities for assigned contracts portfolio by deploying continuous improvement (CI) methodology, driving consistent knowledge management and disciplined replication agenda.
- Manage Suppliers’ performance for assigned contracts portfolio by ensuring value delivery & effective management of contracts while continuously driving value improvement targets.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics. This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance.
- Build and maintain a strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities.
- Establish true partnership and build strong collaborative relationship with internal and external project stakeholders to achieve maximum value.
- Collaborate with:
- Internal (Project) stakeholders in the development and execution of robust procurement strategies driving towards value maximization.
- External (Shell) stakeholders in securing & maximizing performance levels (e.g. deployment of integrated performance management) required for the venture to meet the necessary cost and volume targets.
- A degree level (Economy/Business/Science/Engineering)
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in procurement in Oil and Gas. Experience in Wells procurement will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of SAP and RtP; additional advantage will be given to candidates with experience in working with ARIBA.
- Proven track record of delivering results with demonstrated ability to develop and implement transformation supply chain strategies and deliver cost reduction programs.
- Excellent English (written & oral)
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in driving a supply chain transformation agenda, competitive sourcing (incl. complex tender evaluation, contract negotiations & end-to-end integrated performance management, etc.)
- Strong hold on data management, ability to work with ambiguous/large volumes of data.
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset.
- Highly driven, resilient ‘can do’, focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, driving positive change in constructive manner.
- Ability to make decisions with incomplete information and work with ambiguous situations.
- Ability to balance trade-offs/risks and to deal with fast paced change.
- Self-motivated, high initiative, adaptable, self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing & stakeholder management skills (at all level of management)
- Dedicated team player with ability manage competing priorities
Shell in Oman has been a partner in the country’s remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry and creating value for the community that we have proudly been long part of.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/ Group companies around the world.
The Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with . Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.