- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience in wide range of building design.
- Should be able to independently initiate concept and scheme designs.
- Should be able to independently carry out structural analysis and detail design of wide range of building structures of concrete, steel, masonry etc
- Familiar with British Standards, ACI, UBC and IBC
- Must be able to write good technical reports.
- Must have a good understanding of structural stability system.
- Must be a strong user in the following computer design package: ETABS, SAFE, STAAD, Prokon
- Should have the ability to lead and manage a team
- Must be good team player
- 3 years Middle East experience
- Some experience of underground structure
- Some experience of retaining wall design
- Should be able to prepare Concept & Scheme design and detail design of wide range of building structure with very minimum supervision.
- Should be able to model, analyse and design structures and prepare design documents (calculations and reports).
- Should be able to Carry out structural design to British Standards / American Standards and UBC 1997
- Capable of carrying out multidisciplinary coordination. Coordinate with architects, MEP engineers, and other structural engineers.
- Should be able to supervise structural engineers and draughtsman and allocate work to the team to achieve maximum productivity
- Carry out arithmetical checks and independent design review of other engineer’s design
- Understand cost implication of their design decisions
- Has a sound knowledge of construction process and appreciate buildability.
- Capable of carrying out value engineering exercise by studying alternative solution with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of own work and the work of his/her team
- Responsible for ensuring that engineering work is completed within program.
- Responsible for the checking of CAD work done under their supervision
- Give site backup on technical/design issues, where required
- Tackle any variations and complex technical issues.
- Familiar with office QA procedure.
- Understand project deliverables and resource requirements of projects assigned with minimum supervision.
- Liaise with local authorities, sub consultants and clients
Job Type: Full-time
- Middle East: 3 years
- Etabs and SAFE: 10 years
- STAAD: 10 years
- Post Graduate: 10 years
Create an account in indeed.com