DynCorp: Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
The Facilities Maintenance Superintendent leads, supervises, directs activities and provides technical guidance to the facility maintenance team (FMT).
- Maintain the highest standards of professional performance within the FMT.
- Ensure compliance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS) requirements and provides recommendations to the Site Manager/Operations Manager.
- Develop projects to sustain, repair, modernize and construct facilities and infrastructure.
- Prioritize corrective maintenance actions and ensures work is completed within acceptable timeframes.
- Monitor the preventive maintenance program and ensures timeliness and effectiveness, develops and implements changes and improvements as needed.
- Provide oversight of contractors engaged in maintenance, repair or support functions.
- Maintain records of changes to base infrastructure.
- Enforce safety and environmental standards.
- Develop preventive maintenance plans.
- Develop and submits reports to include contract data requirements list (CDRL) items.
- Inspect facilities and infrastructure for condition and makes recommendations for future repair and /or improvements.
- Perform other qualified duties as requested.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of building operations and management.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (blueprints).
- Excellent communication, negotiation and people skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a local driver’s license.
Experience & Education
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in supervision and/or management of facilities maintenance and/or repair or a related field preferred.
- Experience with U.S. Military Engineering contracts/operations is preferred.
- A current construction trade license/certificate is highly desirable.
- Experience with diverse workforce in overseas locations is desirable.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment.
- Living and working conditions at some assignment locations could be remote and uncomfortable.
- When required to perform duties outside the office environment where inclement weather may subject individual to changes in temperature and weather.
- May be exposed to areas where hazards noise, fumes, airborne particles, electrical shock hazards and moving mechanical parts.
- Work requires walking, standing, and sitting.
- May require the use of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Regional travel to support facility maintenance may be required.