Early Career Program: Field Engineer (Oman) 2020 Opportunities – Baker Hughes – Muscat
Baker Hughes Company is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BH harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. BH helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes Company on Twitter @BHCo, or visit us at BH.com.
As a Field Engineer you are the key interface between Baker Hughes and the client at the job site and you represent the company both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly, aiming at Customers’ satisfaction through reliability and proactive support.
Your rate of progress will be driven by your personal effort and your ability to demonstrate your capability against the standards defined in the Competency-Development Program (CDP). Your progression will be determined by your performance, including the demonstration of your unfailing commitment to deliver your accountabilities.
Your manager will help you gain the necessary skills and knowledge. Your manager will also lead the assessment process to evaluate your skills and knowledge.
You will benefit from working with an assigned mentor to ensure that you have a comprehensive, holistic learning experience. Your mentor will support and direct you so that in time, you are ready to support other less experienced employees.
Your training will be based on on-job learning, self-study assignment and unparalleled technical training courses underpinned by the development of business acumen and leadership capability. You will be developing the foundation of your career by gaining Baker Hughes qualifications which are the building blocks in the CDP.
During the program you will be developing basic oilfield knowledge working under the supervision of an experienced Field Engineer. Your ambition must be to demonstrate your capability to work confidently with a progressively broadening scope of knowledge, skills and customer-facing accountabilities, and in time to be able to support less qualified Field Engineers.
- Working as a crew member deploying tools and services, including direct liaison with customers’ representatives and Baker Hughes shore-based Operations Managers
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work
- Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site
- Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory
- Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates
- Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of activities. Completing all training assignments to the required standards.
- Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations using Baker Hughes systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA or equivalent
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Mechanics and or Applied Sciences
- Maximum 3 years post Bachelor’s degree experience
- Geographically mobile (locations vary)
- Legal right to work in Oman without company sponsorship or time restriction
- Internship experience in your discipline
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, accountability, teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, drive for results, and initiative. Passion to be in field environment.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.