Eaton: Senior Sales Engineer
- Develop a proven record of achieving assigned project sales quota for Eaton IEC business.
- Support all aspects of the relationship with assigned Contractors/OEM’s / Consultants/System Integrators within the assigned area of responsibility. Call on consultants regularly to promote specification of Eaton products in projects.
- Support the implementation of sales plans developed by sales management.
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing relationships with customers. Should be able to manage and interpret customer requirements effectively.
- Provide technical assistance to Contractors /Consultants and other assigned customer base as needed.
- Be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitor activities. Communicate such information to sales management and product managers.
- Maintain a co-operative and credible working relationship with other company personnel to assure customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines, and use sound business judgment to enhance margins.
- Ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers ,maintain sound relation and work ethics.
- Ensure accurate forecast and should be result oriented.
- Ensure all assigned customer’s outstanding payments are received in a timely manner upholding DSO targets.
- Collect, analyze and utilize market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits.
- Provide necessary reports and surveys requested by sales management by indicated deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical.
- Three to five years sales engineering experience.
- Incumbent has demonstrated a clear potential to handle a normal sales target consistent with the market challenge, nature of product, and type of assignment.
- Knows how to work effectively with customers, co-workers, and other company personnel.
- Has shown some potential to be a strong closer.
- Has shown good progress in prioritizing work and has corrected any bad work habits, if any.
- Incumbent has demonstrated consistently good work habits and the ability to effectively prioritize work.
- Understands and practices the need for effective communications inside and outside the company.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of the assigned market & channels including competitor’s information.
- Should have high persuasion and negotiation skills.
Has demonstrated proven sales records ,solution skills and work under pressure.