Electrical Engineer – Kerry – Ṣuḥār
Requisition ID 12850
Position Type FT Permanent
Posting Type LI
Kerry offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. We work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. We also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetising, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using our expertise in new product development, production and commercialisation.
Our Values: Courage | Enterprising Spirit | Inclusiveness | Open-mindedness | Ownership
About the role
Kerry-AATCO is creating a job opportunity for an Electrical Engineer at their Sohar manufacturing plant. The purpose of this role will be to oversee daily electrical work and to ensure electrical equipment is maintained in a safe condition as per statutory requirements. The Electrical Engineer will be team with the Maintenance Manager in developing the maintenance staff, by adopting a modern inclusive engaging leadership style; create a supportive working environment and develop internal and external training plans.
- Supervise maintenance activities related to all electronics systems in the plant, also including but not limited to, transformers and automatic transfer switches, generators, main distribution panels and motor control circuits, building wiring and lights, fire alarms and fire protection systems, BMS and SCADA circuits, PLC and HMI circuits, instrumentation and control circuits, calibration instruments, exhaust fans, and lightning arresters.
- Support the electricians in executing their daily tasks and activities, guide them to achieve their objectives.
- Sustain the equipment productivity within the targeted OEE and monitor electronic aspects of the equipment performance and developing corrective action plans to reverse any deviation against agreed standards
- Ensure all CCPs (Critical Control Points) subjected to periodic maintenance and comply with the environmental and food safety regulations, and programs of the company
- Adhere the GMP and 5S programs at all times
- Develop annual budget for electrical components maintenance
- Initiate, develop and participate in cost saving programs to cut and minimize costs and spending of water, electricity, compressed air, diesel and any other resources over usage
- Coordinating with the Plant manager and project manager in the selection of new equipment and providing support to execute capital projects and the installation of new equipment
- Responsible for equipment software updates, parameters updates and their most updated versions in centralized storage
- Execute the projects tasks, work orders and preventive maintenance schedules according to the planed timeframe and to assure smooth and highly efficient operation
- Manage the consumption and coordinate with Maintenance Stores Officer to ensure the availability of required electrical spare parts in according to the approved budget
- Update and organize the electrical wiring diagram for all the equipment inside the factory
- Collaborate with the maintenance manager and insuring the team is following the safety-first culture. In addition, Insure the employees are carrying out their jobs in a safe manner at all times
- Support all safety initiatives and lead the team in achieving and exceeding Health & Safety targets
Qualifications and skills
- BSc.in Electrical Engineering, a licensed Electrical Engineer with ing a scope of electronics
- With minimum of 3-5 years’ electrical engineering experience in Food Manufacturing industry (experience related especially to “bottle filling lines”, food processing and sachet and bottle filling is most desirable)
- Automatic control and troubleshooting of PLC, Basic electronic cards, Power circuits and design, electronic field instruments, sensors and operator panels.
- Familiar with engineering codes and standards (i.e. ASME and ASHRAE standards)
- Experience in using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (i.e. CMMS, MAXIMO) and/ or ERP programs (i.e. ORION, SAP, MS Navision, BPCIS, Oracle GEMMS, etc.)
- Have good command of Auto CAD program
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering, and quality control
- Knowledge of process-packaging-service equipment
- Creative problem-solving techniques
- Analytical skills
- Team leading experience and capability – must have evidence of leading, motivating and coaching others
- Establish effective working relationships with others