We require Electrical Instructors who have a minimum of 3 -5 years Training experience and who have extensive industry experience in the Oil, Gas or Energy Industries.
You will be required to train students over a number of different topics including Electrical Safety, Electrical Hazard Area Equipment, Electric Motors, Generation, Distribution and Control of Electrical Supplies, Electrical Protection Systems specifically for the Oil and Gas Industry.
You will be required to have extensive industry knowledge both in theory and practice. You will be knowledgeable in Fundamentals of electricity, Direct current, Basic AC theory, Transformers, Motors, Power distribution, System protection and coordination, Emergency power generators, direct current systems and uninterruptible power systems, Power generation, Variable speed drives, Programmable electronic systems, Electrical safety, Grounding and bonding, Hazardous area and will be required to transfer this knowledge to the Omani Students you will be working with in a clear and concise manner.
You will be required to train in some of the following topics:
- The key components of facilities electric power distribution which include circuit arrangements, low and medium voltage switchgear, and single-phase and three phase schemes
- Operation, components, electromotive forces, turns and voltage ratios, losses, efficiency, rating, and connections of transformers
- The difference between direct current motors, alternating current motors, enclosures and how to select motors
- Protection of electrical equipment including fuses, direct tripping, relaying, and coordination
- About emergency power to include power requirements, generator sets, direct current systems, batteries, and an overview of uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
- Power generation which includes an overview of emergency, prime, base, peak and co-generation, quality, sizing, operation, control, and power factor correction
- Grounding and bonding with an overview of systems, equipment, ignition sources, separately derived systems, performance, and substation grounding
- Hazardous areas with general information on classifications, NEC, IEC, equipment protection, certification, and definitions
Qualifications and experiences:
- Bsc or HND qualification is a MUST
- Cert Ed or A1 Assessors qualification is a MUST
- 3-5 Years Training experience with additional Industry experience essential
- Oil, Gas or Energy experience essential
- Ability to teach Math related topics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Package and visa availability:
- For visa purposes, only passport holders of USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand can be considered
- Medical Insurance
- A housing and salary package to a maximum of 42,000 Omani Rial ( $109,000 USD $133,000 CAD, $136,000 AUS, $150,000 NZD, €91,000 EURO, £82,000 GB Pound, 1.421,000 Rand)
Employment starts in January 2018. If you are interested in these positions, please email me directly at email@example.com for further information.
Director of International Operations
Phone: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007
Mobile: +353 (0) 86 46 81 212
IMO: +353 (0) 86 46 81 212
We also use Zoom