- To apply specialist electrical expertise to ensure the efficient operations of the Electrical Department .
- To ensure plant electrical equipment is maintained as per procedures documented in the Maintenance Management System (SAP) and as per instructions of the Electrical Foreman (s).
- To assist the Electrical Foreman in ensuring that all electrical equipment is well maintained and all notifications of planned and unplanned work are completed in time.
- Completes all work orders generated in SAP as directed by the Electrical Foreman.
- Generates reports (mainly log sheets/check sheets) as necessary for the maintenance done.
- Ensures that maintenance of all electrical equipment is in accordance with OEM Manuals for the equipment.
- Reviews Electrical Maintenance Procedures and suggests improvements.
- Works at full potential and does high quality work.
- Supports reliable and accessible 24-hour call-out functionality.
- Attempts all possible means of reducing equipment downtime and ensuring high plant availability.
- Performs troubleshooting activities as necessary along with the Electrical Foreman and colleagues to determine failure conditions and rectifies defects found.
- Records and reports to the Electrical Foreman all rectification jobs undertaken.
- Works with Plant Operations Personnel for resolving problems encountered with electrical equipment under the guidance of the Electrical Foreman.
- Discusses planned and unplanned jobs undertaken with the Electrical Foreman.
- Assists the Electrical Foreman in planning daily jobs.
- Ensures necessary tooling is available at work sites during performance on any job.
- Uses correct tools for each job.
- Reports loss of tools or damage to any tools to the Electrical Foreman.
- Informs the Electrical Foreman of any tools requirement.
- Ensures tools are kept in good working condition.
Essential Qualifications & Experience :
- Diploma or Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering .
- Omani candidates Only.
- At least 3 years experience in the maintenance and repair of power plant equipment, preferably in a power and desalination plant