- To apply specialist mechanical expertise in order to ensure the efficient operations of the Mechanical Department .
- To ensure plant mechanical equipment is maintained as per Procedures documented in the Maintenance Management System (SAP) and as per instructions of the Mechanical Engineer(s).
- To assist the Mechanical Engineer is ensuring that all mechanical equipment is well maintained and all notifications of planned and unplanned work are completed on time.
- Completes all Work Orders generated in SAP as directed by the Mechanical Engineer.
- Generates reports (mainly log sheets/check sheets) as necessary for the maintenance done.
- Ensures that maintenance of all mechanical equipment is in accordance with OEM Manuals for the equipment.
- Reviews Mechanical Maintenance Procedures and suggests improvements.
- Works to his full potential and does high quality work.
- Supports reliable and accessible 24-hour call-out functionality.
- Attempts all possible means of reducing equipment downtime and ensuring high Plant availability.
- Performs troubleshooting activities as necessary along with the Mechanical Engineer and colleagues to determine failure conditions and rectifies the defects found.
- Records and reports to the Mechanical Engineer all rectification jobs undertaken.
- Works with Plant Operations Personnel for resolving problems encountered with mechanical equipment under the guidance of the Mechanical Engineer.
- Discussed planned and unplanned jobs undertaken with the Mechanical Engineer.
- Assists the Mechanical Engineer in planning daily jobs.
- Ensures necessary tooling is available at work sites during performance on any job.
- Uses correct tools for each job.
- Reports loss of tools or damage to any tools to the Mechanical Engineer.
- Informs the Mechanical Engineer of any requirements for tools.
- Ensures that tools are in good working order.
Essential Qualifications & Experience :
- Diploma or Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering .
- Omani candidates Only.
- At least 3 years experience in the maintenance and repair of power plant equipment, preferably in a power and desalination plant.