Event Management and Translations Consultant, Muscat/Oman – UNICEF – Oman
Duration: 4-6 months
Founded on a solid collaboration with the Government of Oman, UNICEF has contributed towards numerous achievements on women and children in Oman since 1971 and aims to work with the Government on policies and services that protect children. Working towards better outcomes for children in Oman requires engagement with the public and private sector through events such as conferences and other activities to better advocate for child rights in public forums.
The purpose is to support the UNICEF office by facilitating the arrangements and coordination of key events as well as in-house translation services as needed. The key result is to ensure greater visibility for children and young people.
- Provides pre-event, on-site and post-event assistance to key upcoming events on health/ medical aspects and others, including but not limited to: preparation of briefing/concept notes, logistical coordination, maintaining event documents and providing meeting summaries;
- Receives and screens inquiries from potential collaborators and facilitates communication with the UNICEF concerned team;
- Scans and scouts external environment within designated areas for opportunities and shares information in a timely fashion with the UNICEF Representative;
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge, familiarity and relations with partners, photographers, prospective partners and other relevant stakeholders;
- Develops, contributes and regularly updates a database of key contacts;
- Provides translation support to Programmes and Communications Teams, including by not limited to: letters, concept notes, social media, press releases;
- Develops original Arabic content in support to Programmes and Communications teams as necessary;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Support the organization to deepen its collaboration within key conferences and events;
- Consultative meetings and missions arranged as per requirements;
- All reports, documents and deliverables submitted as per agreed dates/timeline;
- Attend and provide support at workshops and meetings;
- Timely provision of background documentation, and meeting minutes as well as follow-up on key action points;
- Meeting minutes and other documents produced shared with all relevant personnel and saved in common shared drive;
- Letters, social media and other communications content filed and shared with supervisor for approval;
- Any other task assigned to be completed in a timely manner.
Qualification & Specialized knowledge
- Completed undergraduate or higher university education;
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in a related industry;
- Background in health related areas is an asset
- Prior experience in UNICEF event management support is a plus
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, creative thinking, communication skills and a passion for events;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment is essential;
- Sound knowledge of Omani culture, traditions and communication protocols;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic is required as well as strong writing skills in both languages.
- The Event Management and Translations Assistant will be required to report on a daily basis to the Supervisor. The individual will be entitled to the same work hours, weekends & UN holiday schedule as UNICEF staff, based on the work schedule agreed with the Supervisor.
- The Event Management and Translations Assistant will arrange his/her own insurance, such as life, health and other forms of insurance, covering the term of this contract when in Oman, and will provide proof of insurance.
- Any in-country travel related to a work assignment will be arranged for and covered by UNICEF.
- UNICEF will not provide the Event Management and Translations Assistant with any equipment, unless it is requested by the individual and approved by the Operation Unit with the completion of the necessary forms.
Opening Date Sat Mar 07 2020 23:00:00 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Arabian Standard Time
Closing Date Mon Mar 23 2020 14:55:00 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)