Events Executive, Internal promotion – Marriott International, Inc – Oman
Job Number 20015249
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz-Carlton Hotel, P.O. Box 1998, Oman, Oman, Oman VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Drives revenue from local accounts for the hotels the Sales Executive represents by proactively soliciting new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads. Partners with account leaders to pull through business from deployed customer accounts focusing to maximize business within the represented market place. Provides property support by coordinating and executing property internal mining efforts at assigned hotels. May work with Local Sales and U.S. Account Sales teams to drive production from targeted high priority accounts including maximizing special corporate business within the represented market place. Reports to the area sales leaders to align on sales activities to generate business for stakeholder properties in the market.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
- 4-year college degree; previous experience in proactive lead generation in hospitality and sales discipline; knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient); knowledge the hospitality industry.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Works with Area Sales Leader (ASL) in identifying the top accounts of each stakeholder hotel, determine deployment structure, identify account manager, and coordinate efforts to pull-through business from the accounts for the stakeholder hotels.
- Assist ASL in identifying share shift targets.
- May work with Local Sales and U.S. Account Sales teams to drive production from targeted high priority accounts including maximizing special corporate business within the represented market place.
- Provides property support by coordination and executing property internal mining efforts to assigned hotels
- Solicits new business from assigned small business accounts, reader boards, and leads sent through internal referral mechanisms.
- Solicits potential new accounts or business opportunities by leveraging business intelligence provided by Sales & Marketing Planning and Support or other third-party data sources to generate leads.
- Utilizes internal lead referral tools (e.g., eProspecting Portal) to solicit new business opportunities and contacts.
- Re-solicits non-deployed realized opportunities, including turndowns, lost opportunities, and actualized business when appropriate.
- Drives customer satisfaction through daily interactions (e.g., solicitations, re-solicitations, account calls, new business calls, face to face activities, etc.).
- Conducts customer facing sales activities on behalf of the hotels in partnership with Property Coordinator/Resource as appropriate. (e.g., lunch and learns, social hours, company of the month activities, local industry events, Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Activities, etc.).
- Conducts site inspections for customer accounts when appropriate.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date lead information on each account in CI/TY SFA Web to verify accurate reporting and customer base information.
- Qualifies and maintains customer’s long-term business potential and refers customers to market, field, hotel or national sales office, as required.
- Verifies accurate and timely lead turnover to other Sales Channels.
- Manages outbound lead merchandising along with associated booking fee when appropriate.
- Presents stakeholder hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
- Understands and utilizes all business processes written in support of the sales organization.
- Utilizes negotiation skills and creative selling abilities to uncover new business.
- Uses all information systems (e.g., CI/TY SFA Web, MRDW, MarRFP-SAPP, Hoteligence, Account Relationship Management (ARM) to research the deployment and value of the accounts deemed important for stakeholder hotels.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) to sell effectively against the competition.
- Communicates trends, opportunities, and market changes to appropriate parties, as needed.
- Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc.), to optimize sales revenues.
- Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiatives/incentives to convert cold leads to warm leads.
- Tracks weekly activities and relationship to revenue and room night production.
- Sets day-today priorities to complete assigned responsibilities
- Adjusts to significant variation in daily workload through independent prioritization.
- Shifts priorities as directed by supervisor or business needs. Drives revenue from local accounts for the hotels the Sales Executive represents by proactively soliciting new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads.
- Reports to the area sales leaders to align on sales activities to generate business for stakeholder properties in the market.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Building Successful Relationships
- Coordinates with account leaders (e.g., Global Account Executives, Senior Account Executives, and Account Executives) to coordinate in-market pull through of business to grow account share. (e.g., visiting local offices, reviewing solicitation list of opportunities, reader board research, etc.).
- Participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g., Rotary Clubs, RI Social Hours, Chamber of Commerce, etc).
- Visits neighborhood target and local small business accounts and coordinate follow up efforts.
- Coordinates with Area Sales Leader to understand needs and priorities of stakeholder hotels to identify focus areas.
- Works collaboratively with the Sales Office, Area Sales, Account Sales and Global Sales teams to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary, and not duplicative.
- Handles customer care issues and as necessary, refers them to the appropriate owner.
- Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services customers to grow share of the account.
- Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
- Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
- Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., General Manager (GM) Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc.).
- Partners with account leaders to pull through business from deployed customer accounts.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.