EY: Associates, Engagement Auditors and Senior Auditors – Assurance
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is
about interpreting and reacting to complex data – and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
We are currently seeking Associates, Engagement Auditors and Senior Auditors to support our Audit team and help our clients meet their requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
As an External Auditor in EY, you will make a technical contribution to audit client engagements and internal projects. Within your role, you will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute complex assurance procedures, supervise junior engagement team members and help define the audit strategy. Working under the supervision of senior team members, you will help execute our work and present its findings to the client.
Skills and attributes for success
- Supporting the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements
- Working effectively as a team member on all audit related fieldwork and updating senior team members on progress
- Assisting with the preparation of memoranda, working papers, letters and correspondence
- Drafting financial statements and footnote disclosures in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel
- Building strong internal relationships within Assurance and across other services
To qualify for the role you must have
- Approximately 1 – 5 years of audit working experience
- Strong academic record including a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (CA , ACCA or CPA qualified
- Familiarity with IFRS and local GAAP
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership/project management skills
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality, details and accuracy
- Self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Eligibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
Ideally you will also have
- Track record with a leading audit firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Energy, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Healthcare
What we look for
We are interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you will also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you are serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career in the MENA region
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.