We are looking for an experienced indirect tax advisor to join our team based in Muscat (Oman) to help drive the indirect tax practice forward.
Our indirect tax professionals help clients identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations as well as achieve their business goals and provide pragmatic commercial help so clients improve their day-to-day compliance with indirect tax obligations. This includes improving working capital, reducing errors, reducing costs and ensuring indirect taxes are handled correctly. They advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) and customs duty impinge on the client’s global supply chain and financial and accounting systems.
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of indirect tax services to the client
Your client responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery of client liaison
- Key member of one of the client service groups providing full tax services to a client portfolio
Your technical responsibilities
- To build a deep understanding of the Gulf Corporation Council (“GCC”) Customs Law and its practical application across the GCC member states
- To understand and apply the regional Free Trade Agreements
- To understand and apply key customs concepts such as valuation, classification and origin
- To identify and discuss VAT considerations for clients to be aware of in their outbound investments
- To engage with colleagues in overseas offices to deliver VAT advice in respect of global jurisdictions
- To prepare for the potential introduction of VAT in the GCC and to discuss with clients how this may impact them
- To work with internal teams to provide indirect tax expertise for audit and transaction projects
Your people responsibilities
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- An indirect tax consultant/advisor for two to three years.
- Experience working for a Big 4 accounting firm is preferred. However, we will consider candidates with from law firms or with relevant industry experience.
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations in both written and oral English
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Arabic language skills considered an advantage but not necessary
Additional qualifications (certifications and/or licences if applicable)
- ACA/CA/ Law qualification / CTA (or equivalent tax qualification)