Farm Manager – VIRENXIA – Ṣalālah
Farm Manager Job Description
This is a position of Farm Manager at Global Innovation Investments LLC (GIIL). The candidate will be a self-motivated, proactive and confident individual who is comfortable operating with minimal direction and thrives in a dynamic environment to help ensure the successful execution of initiatives. They will be a credible and savvy business person who will be perceived as a trusted consultant and functional expert within the organisation and plays an active role in the commitment to continuous improvement. Is a highly visible function that requires interaction with Leadership.
The Farm Manager we are searching for our Alfalfa farm at Oman will act as a coordinator between multiple stakeholders in the agri business, to be sure they are benefiting each other and aligning with overall business goals.
The Farm Manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff including Agronomists, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports and ensuring maximum profit. Should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Farm Manager Responsibilities
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing cropping plans and schedules for all farm operations and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Regular monitoring of crop performance and also be able to perform tests with soil and water testing kits.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting and record keeping.
- Ability to optimize irrigation performance with precision irrigation equipment
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as farm machinery, seed & fertilizer
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Protect the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Be able to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff
- Be self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the Company
- Promote and project a positive attitude towards the Company and its objectives
- Ensure company products are presented for sale in line with company policy regarding, quality, quantity and timeliness of delivery and are marketed in accordance with the company marketing policies
- Ensure all relevant company policies are understood and adhered to.
- Supervise day-to-day activity, organise rosters and schedule tasks/activities that need to be undertaken
- Provide training/coaching to staff to enable them to competently carry out tasks required of them on farm
- Hands-on experience in various program/project management tools
- Experience in working with local and remote teams across time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to hit tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent English language communication and writing skills
Farm Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in large farming operations.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
- Larger-scale business awareness
- Marketing skills, Negotiation skills, Genuine commitment to farming
- IT skills, good technical knowledge and in IoT farm based operations
- A good understanding of modern farming methods
- Ex-servicemen will be preferred
GIIL will only employ those who are legally authorised to work in Oman.