The General Manager for Radisson Blu Hotel Sohar will be responsible for the P&L in the hotel and will oversee daily operations.
The successful candidate will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure a smooth and profitable running of the business.
The General Manager will be a strong and recognized leader, ensuring that hotel employees work as a well-functioning team. The ideal candidate is an effective team leader and an excellent team player able to set examples and foster a climate of collaboration.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Co-own specific sales and marketing plans for the hotel with the organization’s Sales, Revenue and Marketing teams.
- Anticipate risks, gaps and opportunities related to revenue forecast and M&E pipeline, proactively working with respective departments to ensure optimal results.
- Challenge Revenue and Sales teams in relation to pricing strategy.
- Identify cost structure opportunities in the hotel with a strong focus on efficiency and being able to drive change towards productivity.
- Capacity to identify best practices across departments: staffing and scheduling, internal hotel organization (tasks, duties and responsibilities), F&D profitability.
Brand Experience and Quality
- Proactively ensure the hotel maintains the highest brand standard compliance and service delivery.
- Own and develop a specific action plan to constantly increase quality.
- Take responsibility for the protection of the Radisson Hotel Group brand image as per company guidelines.
Asset Management & CAPEX
- Ability to maximize the return per sqm, focusing on common and retail areas in the hotel
- Master the hotel’s investment plans (LRIP), ensuring that key areas of maintenance and brand gaps are covered according to the budget.
- Propose and challenge a repositioning investment plan for the hotel.
- Maintain an open and professional relationship with Owner
- Master the key commercial and legal terms of the hotel agreement.
- Assume responsibility for maximizing returns based on the available contractual framework and propose changes when detecting business opportunities.
Development & New Openings
- Maintain a close understanding of the city’s competitive landscape, being able to identify opportunities and engage the Business Development team.
- Live and communicate the overall vision, beliefs and strategies of the Radisson Hotel Group to hotel employees.
- Ensure that all employees in the hotel receive the necessary training, both in professional competence and in-service attitude.
- Identify talent in the hotel and promote their development.
- Ensure maximum employee satisfaction and contribute to building a trustful work environment.
- Hire talent with the right attitude, eagerness and qualifications to promote brand values.
- Take full responsibility for compliance with emergency procedures – Management and Training.
- Master local knowledge, take advantage of networking opportunities, and actively participate in local PR initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a General Manager, Executive Assistant Manager or in any Operations role within Hotel environment
- Local knowledge and experience are a must
- Strong commercial and revenue management skills
- Proven leadership experience in a hotel setting
- Proven and strong people management experience
- Hands-on and focus in delivering results with a great attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude for decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize
- Exceptional communication skills and commitment to providing excellent service to hotel guests
- Strong leadership skills, being able to understand the big picture and driving the company objectives in his/her area of responsibility
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and natural ability to encourage sharing & reapplying
- Fluency in English; knowledge of another languages is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking forward to hear from you!
The Radisson Blu Hotel in Sohar is perfectly placed on the waterfront of the Gulf of Oman. Whether our guests are visiting Sohar for business or leisure, our resort hotel offers everything they might need, including direct access to the pristine beach and proximity to the port and Sohar Industrial Estate. After a day of meetings or exploring, guests can relax in one of our 179 stylish rooms and suites or enjoy on-site dining by savoring classic classic Arabic dishes, international fare at Al Zafaran Restaurant & Lounge, or try something Thai at Amaranthai. For an amazing view over the city they can visit Al Khaimah Rooftop, our bar and shisha terrace or get energized at our well-equipped fitness area, and unwind in the whirlpool, sauna or steam room.
The hotel also features 6 flexible meeting rooms and the largest ballroom in Oman!