GlassPoint Solar: Executive Administrative Assistant
GlassPoint is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Executive Administrative Assistant who will perform a variety of confidential and complex administrative, and technical duties. He or She will act as a liaison with other departments, staff, and outside organizations. Perform related work as required.
We’re looking for a dynamic and results driven individual. The candidate must have very good oral& written communication skills.
Reports to Executive Chairman
- Manage calendars and schedules, screening callers, and arranging meetings, appointments, conferences, travel, as directed by the Executive Chairman, other Executive members & Board of Directors.
- Format, create, produce and edit correspondence, and other written materials.
- Maintain a management information system, including physical and electronic files.
- Perform liaison functions between departments to ensure efficient and sufficient service. Facilitate communication between all departments.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Prepares monthly expense reports for the Executive Chairman;
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Perform other projects and responsibilities assigned as requested or required.
- The Executive Administrative Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior Executive members.
- Management of teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive Chairman’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executive Chairman’s time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Chairman’s, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Chairman’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Chairman to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Executive Chairman updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Executive Chairman’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
BOARD SUPPORT AND LIAISON
- Serves as the administrative liaison to GlassPoint board of directors.
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT & EXECUTIVE TEAM LIAISON
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management members & Executive team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
COMMUNICATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND OUTREACH
- Ensures that the Executive Chairman’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the Executive Chairman’ and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the Executive Chairman’s outreach activities;
- Follows up on contacts made by the Executive Chairman and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the Executive Chairman’s to others.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have an associate’s degree, or comparable experience as evidence of a broad education.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ executive administrative experience.
- Must be willing to be flexible in their working hours, as the position will be supporting a global organization.
- Ability to deal with diverse situations and different stake holders;
- Must demonstrate extreme professional integrity, attention to detail, and be highly organized.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to express thoughts to others and exchange information in a professional manner.
- Must demonstrate the ability to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality on all information, including, but not limited to files and other documents.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with a variety and diverse population.
- Must be able to input data rapidly and accurately on a PC/Mac, and quickly learn to use the software programs of the organization. Must exhibit knowledge of and experience with PC compatible computers and the Internet. Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess knowledge and skills in executing business correspondence and be able to proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to do basic mathematical computations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Omani national candidates are preferred.
- Experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a within the energy or Oil & gas sectors.
- Exceptional Customer Service attitude
- Highly competent in MS Office suite
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, professionalism and client service.
- Driven and self-motivated. Must be able to work independently with minimal direction, take initiative, maintain relationships, and work effectively and collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Flexible, and operates with a sense of urgency. Open to change and demonstrates the ability to change gears when necessary.
- Being one of the initial reference point for all divisional issues related to the GlassPoint Code of Conduct: promote an understanding of the policy; clarify issues and if unsure of actions seek guidance; and act quickly and decisively where there is an identified breach of the Code.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet GlassPoint and its clients’ needs.
- Effectively change to work tasks and the work environment.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honors their commitments.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- continuously improve GlassPoint health, safety and environmental performance.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behavior and business practices outlined in GlassPoint Processes, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behavior and business practices outlined in GlassPoint Vision, codes, policies, procedures and standards, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving GlassPoint Vision and its associated requirements.
- Act in the best interests of GlassPoint at all times.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
GlassPoint Solar is the leading supplier of solar to the oil and gas industry. The global oil and gas industry consumes an amount of energy equal to 10% of its own production, making it one of the biggest markets for renewable energy. Operating worldwide from the Middle East to California, GlassPoint’s enclosed trough technology delivers the lowest cost energy to power oilfield operations. By harnessing sunshine, instead of burning natural gas or other fuels, GlassPoint helps oil producers reduce operating expenses while significantly cutting greenhouse gas emissions.
GlassPoint is one of the fastest-growing solar companies in the world with more than one gigawatt of solar oilfield projects under construction. The World Economic Forum recently recognized GlassPoint as a 2016 Technology Pioneer for its role in enabling more economical and sustainable oil production.
GlassPoint established its regional headquarters in the Sultanate of Oman in early 2012. The company’s major shareholders include Royal Dutch Shell and State General Reserve Fund (SGRF), the largest sovereign wealth fund in Oman.