Haematology Solutions Specialist – Oman – Abbott Laboratories – Muscat
Primary Objective of Position
- The Haematology Solutions Specialist acts in pre – and after-sales, providing expert application knowledge, delivering customer training, and supporting the ADD (Abbott Diagnostic Division) sales forces to expand the ADD haematology share and improve account profitability.
- Responsibility for sales quota with a volume defined by country/region, including target performance achievement within the region.
- Work closely with ADD regional / local sales teams, product management, and haematology sales colleagues to maintain and expand the ADD Haematology share.
- Analyse, develop and drive value expansion goals and account specific plans.
- Work closely with ADD IT and Automation teams for implementation of Automation and IT/Middleware solutions, including conducting pre-sales workflow.
- Build sustainable customer relationships and leverage them to expand profitable sales.
- Demonstrate instruments to customers and deliver customer training.
- Manage logistics for haematology-related installation processes (pre-installation check, analyser check-out, transport and installation).
- Solve issues like e.g. field actions, software upgrades, working together with all Haematology colleagues.
- Conduct post implementation business reviews.
- Gather competitor information.
- Be instrumental in performing evaluation and scientific studies.
- Actively collect best practices and train others enabling improved customer satisfaction and faster adoption of new haematology solutions and methodologies.
- Success in this role is measured by customer satisfaction score (NPS), economic profitability, sales quota achievement (value expansion of existing customers).
- College or university degree, ideally in one of the following fields: Haematology, Hemostasis Biochemistry, Medical Technology.
- Oman Nationals would be preferred.
- Candidates must be fluent in local language (Arabic) and English.
- Minimum of 3-5 years track record in the diagnostic industry with an emphasis on Haematology solutions (experience handling Abbott’s Haematology products); commercial experience is an advantage.
- Proven track record in a similar position supported by management and customer references.
- Excellent haematology product and industry knowledge.
- The position requires the willingness to travel on a frequent basis, i.e. on average three days per week.
- Strategic and commercial thinking.
- Good relationship building skills.
- Good communication and networking skills.
- Ability to identify and drive resolution of issues.
- Pragmatic and implementation-driven.
- Team player.
Impact of position
- Act in pre- and after-sales, providing expert application knowledge, delivering customer training, and supporting the ADD sales forces to expand the ADD haematology share and improve account profitability.