Omanis and GCC Nationals only will be considered for this role.
The jobholder carries out the responsibilities of financial reporting and control for HSBC Oman. The primary function of the role is to look after all the financial returns and submission related to the Group Head Office. The job holder interacts with different stakeholders including offshore teams, Group and regional counterparties in addition to the local stakeholders. The jobholder is expected to manage and develop the operational/transactional activities and the delivery of all financial reporting activities at a country/business area level.
- Detailed understanding of the monthly, quarterly, yearly, Group Reporting requirements and processes and the ability to handle these tasks independently. This includes but not subject to the analytical review of the returns submitted within challenging deadlines.
- Full understanding and control of the monthly accruals and payment accompanied with effective communications with the relevant stakeholders.
- Effective control of the daily balance sheet and profit & loss movements.
- Full support towards the targets and the initiatives agreed for the team to achieve optimal utilization of resources and effective workflow.
- Ensure that assets, liabilities, income and expenses are accurately represented in the accounting books in accordance with the applicable accounting standards.
- Ensure all financial transactions are booked in accordance with the Group procedures and prevalent accounting standards such as IFRS and local GAAP.
- Ensure that all Inter-company accruals are accurately booked and reconciled with continues follow-up with the relevant non-finance teams to clear any pending invoices.
- Prepare, interpret and communicate financial data, and be proficient in analysing the economic environment, competitors and operational effectiveness in order to assist the region/line of business to achieve growth and profitability targets.
- Assist the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) to form a partnership with the business to develop creative, value-added solutions in response to business needs, and influence and direct the Group and its relevant operating bodies on financial matters.
- Ensure all assets, liabilities, income and expenses transactions are booked and mapped in the systems as per the Group Reporting Chart of Accounts requirements.
- Act as back up to other sub functions within the CAO area to ensure continuity of the workflow and as part of the continuous self-development target.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Experience and qualifications
- Promote operational effectiveness and control, running processes in an auditable and transparent manner.
- Finance/accounting degree preferably holders of ACA/CIMA or similar qualifications.
- Experience in financial control would be an advantage.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver change and process improvement.