HSBC: Assistant Relationship Manager, International Subsidiary Banking
Omanis and GCC Nationals only will be considered for this role. Role Purpose
- Planning, coordinating and implementing corporate marketing and credit activities for both new and existing customers. Reviewing/growing existing facilities and safeguarding the Bank’s interest while maintaining high standards of customer service levels.
- Assist the Relationship Managers in marketing new Corporate Business by active follow up, initiating and recommending credit proposals.
- Assist the Relationship Managers with the routine corporate operational functions.
- Owning the customer experience, ensuring service excellence at all times, for all aspects of any customer or prospect’s interaction with HSBC.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areasImpact on the Business
- Assist in Maximizing revenue and customer value from a portfolio of relationships and contribute directly to Commercial Banking (CMB’s) target.
- Safeguarding the bank from potential loss.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Assist in enhancing the level of service standards in Corporate Banking.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Assist in ensuring proper communication at all levels.
- Actively Interact with other departments.
- Managing the balance between credit risk management and good customer relationship.
- Operating in a market which is characterized by poor disclosure, untested legal environment and limited corporate governance.
- Strong competition from local, regional and international banks.
- Dealing with multiple product providers across different Group entities and geographies.
Role ContextThe jobholder ensures that policies, procedures and guidelines as laid down by MEM and HBON Oman are adhered to. The jobholder reviews all new / existing lending facilities, analyzes financial statements and prepares credit proposals under the guidance of the Relationship Manager. The jobholder has no lending limits or authority to grant any excesses. The jobholder also reviews and makes recommendations on the viability and suitability of potential new corporate business. The jobholder meets and visits customers with the guidance of the CRM. Also, the jobholder must assist in reporting returns submissions for the department, referrals to other departments (i.e premier/private banking), and identifying opportunities and suggest ideas to improve processes and reduce costs.Desired Skills And Experience
- Credit operations and Trade Services: Two to three years in banking preferably through active and diversified roles both in operations and Trade Services
- Customer Service: One to two years of experience in customer service area will be an advantage
- Financial Analysis & Credit Risk Management: Practical experience in credit and financial analysis, performing regular monitoring and analysis of the credit worthiness of the customers is an important requirement
- Strong Communication: Strong Written and oral communication skills are important
Job Field: Commercial BankingPrimary Location: Middle East-Oman-Oman-MuscatSchedule: Full-timeType of Vacancy: Country vacancyJob Posting: 17-May-2018, 11:03:01