InterContinental Hotels: Reservations & Revenue Manager
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we’re interested in
YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At the moment we’re looking Reservations & Revenue Manager to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb
Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb is Set 2 km from Muscat City Centre shopping mall, this laid-back, modern hotel is 9 km from Muscat International Airport . The 185 rooms equipped with an array of modern amenities and latest technology.
The Reservations & Revenue Manager conducts vigilant and appropriate yield management and actively contribute towards revenue generation through effective management of the department. This role is a vital to the hotel by providing current, accurate information on both the internal reservation situation and the external climate with which the hotel operates. This role responsible for the day to day operations of the Reservations & Revenue Department. This includes training and development of staff, management of the Holidex reservations system, in conjunction with the effective management of the day to day operation of the reservation & revenue department.
As Reservations & Revenue Manager you will be reporting directly to the General Manager and below are some of the key responsibilities:
- Using the tools provided and in compliance with the IHG standards, maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of a master calendar of external events, competitor rate intelligence, RevPar penetration (RGI), arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates (with the F&B Mgr), Loyalty program penetration both overall and by account (and for bookers), system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues by channel, segment and account.
- Understand the composition of hotel profitability, and uses this to evaluate business from local accounts and groups so as to provide input to future rate setting and negotiation.
- Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments, understands the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators, and recommends appropriate actions to the Revenue Room Taskforce in relation to the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy.
- Conduct weekly rate/sell strategy (yield) meetings with General Manager, DOSM, Reservations Manager, Front Office Manager, and Catering Manager.
- Facilitate the Revenue Room Meeting (which the GM chairs) and generates reports and analyses needed for these meetings, displaying key facts/trends etc., on the revenue room walls.
- Monitor and determine demand periods for function space, rooms and catering through an analysis of historical data and current bookings. Responsible for tracking and analyzing of booking pace, group wash, cut off enforcement for groups as well as denied and regretted business.
- Train and support hotel teams on revenue system functionality and enhancements.
- Conduct annual revenue management audits with the Regional Revenue Manager for all revenue generating departments.
Qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration or Business Administration.
- 3 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Previous Revenue Management or Pricing experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies, and ability to determine which concepts to apply in given market conditions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills
- Experience in the GCC region in a branded environment
- Seeking a highly confident self-motivated individual with attention to details to be completely accountable for the Housekeeping function in this great hotel.