IRATA Level III Rope Access Technician (Temporary) – Oceaneering – Oman
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To ensure that all rope access activities are carried out safely and efficiently in accordance with company and statutory regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct rope access personnel to ensure operational efficiency with the implementation of the appropriate standards of safety and quality control in rope access activities, according to Oceaneering procedures.
- Seek to continually improve existing safe systems and methods of work.
- Maintain contact with existing and potential customers and establish close relationships with them in order to promote the company’s interests.
- Maintain the rope access equipment ensuring that the certification is kept up to date. On return to Stores, all equipment must be cleaned and manifested to ensure that nothing is missing.
- All relevant paper work in the Rope Access work pack will be read, completed, signed and sent back to operations on completion of the project.
- When working an “on-going” contract, the equipment will be left in a clean and tidy condition for the oncoming Level 3. All equipment will be manifested and all relevant paper work completed.
- Ensure that existing and potential clients are kept informed of advancements to rope access services
- Attend client meetings during the task planning or organising period
- Ensure quality standards are maintained so that quality of service meets the necessary standards
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for all Rope Access Personnel while conducting Rope Access Operations.
- Functionally the Rope Access Leel 3 Supervisor reports to the Global Rope Access manager for all technical aspects of Rope Access operations.
- Operationally in the field the Rope Access Level 3 has a direct line of supervision to the Senior Inspection Engineer and dotted line to the Delivery Manager.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience in rope access environment (E)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/ procedures and NDT techniques.(E)
- Thorough knowledge of rope access disciplines (E)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and organizational skills (E)
- Ability to communicate at all levels (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered SITE BASED WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Large element of work outdoors during the day and very occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work areas can be very challenging requiring very good standard of health & fitness
- Work conditions in Oman can be extreme from high temperature perspective and all precautions in Oceaneering procedures must be followed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is considered Heavy work.
Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 20 pounds
Standing, climbing, stooping kneeling, squatting and reaching
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company.