Jumeirah Group: General Manager – Jumeirah Muscat Bay
About Jumeirah: At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.Jumeirah at Saraya Bandar Jissah is currently under development and is expected to open in Q1 2018.The resort will consist of 312 rooms , located in the picturesque cove of Bandar Jissah, near Qantab, nestled between the Hajjar Mountains and the Gulf of Oman.The resort lies 15 minutes south of the city centre and 40 minutes from Seeb International Airport.The overall development will include a 1,200 square metres Talise Spa, a dive centre, a wide range of sports and leisure facilities, a selection of restaurants, bars and cafes and a kids club. The resort will also include conference and banquet facilities to cater for Oman’s growing attraction as a destination for conferences, meetings and large-scale events. The resort forms part of a larger development that includes 300 high-end residential townhouses and villas, taking advantage of some of the most beautiful, unspoilt coastline in the Middle East.About the Role:An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and experienced Hospitality professional to join the Executive Team at Saraya Bandar Jissah. The main purpose of this role is to develop and manage the commercial and operational strategy for the hotel to drive optimal performance, achieving financial and other business targets as well as to ensure consistent delivery of exceptional and unique guest experiences in line with the Jumeirah brand promise. Your key responsibilities will include:Strategic
- Develop and manage the commercial and operational strategy for the hotel to drive optimal performance and achieve financial and other business targets. Ensure that annual business plans and targets are documented and well-communicated.
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including owners, Jumeirah Group management, customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that annual hotel sales and marketing plans are developed, implemented and monitored, and that they deliver required results.
- Fully understand the market needs for the hotel. Review industry and other relevant trends to identify potential areas for improvement, innovation or differentiation.
- Analyse revenue generation trends of the hotel to identify critical areas for revenue generation enhancement.
- Participate in sales activities in key markets; represent the hotel in the media and at relevant functions to improve market position.
- Actively drive corporate social responsibility initiatives within local communities and the region.
- Establish clear accountabilities for profit and growth with all operational teams, and contributions in expense management for all support functions.
- Ensure the hotel management team maximises productivity and efficiencies, following company guidelines and complying with local legislation.
- Monitor hotel performance, participate in regular financial and business review meetings and agree any corrective measures, where required. Present appropriate information to owners and/or their representatives.
- Ensure effective financial control and reporting measures are implemented, (including accurate forecasting), complying with Jumeirah finance directives.
- Regularly and personally verify that guests are receiving personalised, thoughtful and generous service.
- Use guest, stakeholder and colleague feedback to make recommendations for improvements that drive performance and enhance the guest experience.
- Ensure that the assets of the Company/Owner are maintained properly and meet Jumeirah brand standards, implementing effective preventative maintenance programmes and initiating appropriate capital expenditure projects in a timely manner.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections of the different hotel operations to ensure they are well-managed and optimise capabilities and resources.
- Act as a role model for all colleagues, clearly demonstrating the Jumeirah hallmarks, guiding principles and leadership competencies, and ensuring they are embedded throughout the hotel.
- Lead, develop and inspire the hotel management team, encouraging accountability for team and individual performance.
- Actively participate in recruitment, succession planning and talent development for the hotel management team to ensure the Jumeirah culture and brand promise are supported.
- Ensure learning and development opportunities are provided for all colleagues, to develop capability and skills and to support colleague growth.
- Drive a recognition culture through appropriate celebratory events, teambuilding, and recognition initiatives, and foster diversity, cultural and social awareness.
- Support localization programmes and ensure national colleagues are given the opportunity to learn and grow.
Compliance & Risk
- Ensure the hotel complies with all applicable regulations and legislation, including Health, Safety & Hygiene, employment legislation and financial reporting. Support internal and external audit teams to ensure risks are identified and controlled effectively.
- Ensure that crisis management and continuity of business plans are well-developed and well-managed, and that colleagues are fully briefed and aware of their responsibilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
About You:In order to be considered for this role, you should have minimum 4 years Executive Management experience in a luxury 5 star resort in the Middle East. You will have strong knowledge of relevant Leisure / Corporate / Groups / MICE customer segments and key markets.You must have proven all round operational hotel experience and be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and strategic focus. You should be able to influence, negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders . A suitable candidate will posses strong knowledge and proven record of Sales & Marketing and Revenue Management and will have pre-opening experience.It is essential that you have strong communication and influencing skills and be able to lead, develop and motivate colleagues at all levels and from diverse backgrounds.About the Benefits:This position offers a highly competitive salary and package, which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, complimentary use of Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.