Safety Officer who will continuously drives improvement of safety performance in the
KME Oman. He/she works with unit line management to develop and maintain safety awareness and manage competences, resources, processes, procedures and guidelines affecting safety. This role includes following main responsibilities and activities;
- drives improvement of safety performance in the business unit
- ensures expertise and support to the business unit on safety matters.
- adapts, implements and maintains business unit safety policies in line with global safety policy.
- monitors legal changes locally and global developments in safety matters and initiates necessary actions.
- plans, documents, follows up and monitors the implementation of safety processes and procedures.
- defines safety targets for budget and for long-term planning to be approved by the line management.
- monitors the safety auditing process and regular workplace visits.
- involves line management in workplace safety audits
- maintains accident & near miss incident investigation process, and monitors the effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions.
- monitors the IIFR.
- drives the sharing of safety related information throughout the business unit, including investigation outcomes and best practices.
- ensures implementation and effectiveness of the safety committee in their units. Actively contributes to the safety committee activities in their units.
- participates in global safety activities and takes an active role in global initiatives and projects related to safety.
- participates in global quarterly Safety Team Meetings to contribute in sharing and implementing best practices and information .
- represents KONE to external stakeholders (authorities, clients) in safety matters, under direction from legal representatives.
- develops and maintains his/her own competences as safety manager.
- drives and supports the development of safety competences of others.
- uses the Employee survey results as a source of information for improvement of safety.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Recognized professional qualification in health and safetyse add all relevant information.
- 5 years experience in relevant field
- Strong English Communication skills
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.