Line Maintenance Manager – Thales Group – Muscat
Location: Muscat, Oman
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales has been present in Oman for over 35 years and with over 135 employees to date, we are growing rapidly. Our new Airport site office and Muscat Grand Mall office highlight our ambition to increase local operational capabilities. In 2010 we supplied navigation systems to 5 airports, modernizing Oman’s navigation surveillance capabilities and increasing flight safety. An increase in air traffic growth has led to crucial need for modernisation of Oman’s transport infrastructure, Thales is providing security solutions for Oman’s largest infrastructure project, Muscat International Airport and for Salalah Airport in Oman’s second largest city.
Management of a Line Maintenance team & the execution of TKM Services for InFlight Entertainment and Connectivity systems fitted onboard the airline fleet, as per the contractual & operational requirements with a longtime and key customer of Thales. This position is based in the Customer facilities.
In addition, the jobholder has a key role in managing the Customer Relationship on site.
- Manage the On Board Maintenance Activity (objectives, performance follow-up, corrective action): Dispatch, Media Loading, inflight Events and provide forecast on future activities
- Provide OEM expertise (Maintenance Planning, reliability analysis, events management, etc.)
- Prepare and secure new Aircraft Entry Into Service (Line Maintenance training coordination, spares, resources requirements…)
- Ensure the tracking of maintenance activities in Thales IFE maintenance system (SERVO)
- Implement applicable Thales QA and safety reference system (GMM / GMMS, SMS)
- Manage IFE Logistics & Thales owned stock of LRU’s and consumables
- Coordinate with Thales back office departments (training, engineering, Tech-pub, AOC, customer & product support, program, QA)
- Provide reporting & monitor objectives (monthly KPI, bi weekly reviews) to customers and internally
- Manage customer relationship and attend customer meetings upon request. Ex: daily ops meeting, monthly review…
- Provide and manage IFE specific tools (data loaders, bench loaders, crimping tools)
- Coordinate quotations and invoicing with customers for out of scope work
- Significant previous experience in cabin/IFE maintenance, or Avionics support, with an A/C manufacturer or an airline (10 years +)
- Team Management experience, in multi-cultural environment
- Proven experience in managing customer relationship in complex environment
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics, Aeronautics, and/or Maintenance Engineering
- B2 Avionics License preferred
- Fluent in English. French and/or Arabic are an advantage
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills, ability to define and manage performance through Dashboard KPI. Knowledge of Quality, HSE, Continuous Improvement methods are an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly stress-resistant and able to manage communication up to Executive level
- Valid driver’s license required
- Computer skills (MS Office, ERP, Databases…), Linux basic knowledge appreciated
- Must be able to travel internationally (10%)
- Flexible working hours, depending on operational and customer needs
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!