Market Access and Safety Manager – Pfizer – Muscat
Date: April 2020
Job Title: Market access and safety manager
Reports to: Gulf Commercial lead
Job Purpose describe in one or two sentences the primary purpose of the job
Oman Local Safety Responsible (LSR) and access Manager is responsible to address assigned territory business issues in coordination with all relevant managers in a highly responsive manner. He/ She is responsible to proactively address the immediate customer issues through identification of root causes and coordinate actions for resolution. He/ She is also responsible for maximizing the sales of products through the different sales & promotion activities within allocated key accounts and customers. He/she is also accountable for all strategic regulatory activities for the portfolio in Oman including pre- and post-authorisation product lifecycle activities and delivery of operational regulatory activities in partnership with in country strategist. In addition to Providing regulatory guidance/input into global and regional product development and regulatory strategies. To support portfolio in Oman.
He/She is permanently and continuously at disposal of Pfizer (all relevant business entities within the company group), who is, according to the current Oman Good Pharmacovigilance Practices and Circular requirements, the focal point of interaction for pharmacovigilance activities on the Pfizer portfolio of medicinal products for human use in the applicable country. The scope of the LSR responsibilities includes all the medicinal products for human use that have a marketing authorization, or are under approval, in the country. He/She supports the Oman QPPV to ensure permanent and continuous availability of the QPPV function. He/She operates within the Pfizer pharmacovigilance system, and is responsible for the establishment and management of an adequate pharmacovigilance system for the surveillance of the safety profile of Pfizer products of interest, and for providing advice for safety related aspects, as defined in the applicable country regulations and guidances in effect. He/She must continuously oversee all information pertaining pharmacovigilance in the applicable country in partnership with the relevant functions, the Oman, Arab League and European Union QPPV.
The candidate will be functionally (dotted) reporting to both country safety lead/Oman QPPV and to Gulf regulatory lead.
Customer Management & Partnerships:
- Ensure the development of a customer focused organization – ‘Put the customer at the center of what we do’. Proactively anticipate and create customer needs in close coordination with all internal stakeholders (marketing, medical, enablers etc.)
- Represent customer needs in building Pfizer strategy and investments across all customers
- Establish, maintain and leverage quality relationships with current and emerging customers. Recommend and build partnerships in areas that will help Pfizer obtain greater market access.
- Work with the manager to propose and enact Partnership Plans, which need to be updated at a minimum of twice annually.
- Address customer complaints –be the face of Pfizer for all customer requests & complaints – manage with internal Pfizer stakeholders
Customer Records / Information to Support Decision Making:
- Acquire and enhance Pfizer access and visibility to policy making in allocated Public Institution accounts
- Have complete understanding of Decision Making Process and Decision Making People:
- Maintain an up to date details and map of formal / informal decision makers and decision making process for each allocated account. Update the information/map quarterly
- Partner with Pfizer stakeholders to leverage Pfizer activities and investment
- Maintain Customer record documents: (Current / potential/ emerging junior partners) e-mail addresses, mobiles, business figures and logistics in the “Visiting List”
- Record performance delivery monthly against the Annual Customer Partnership Plan and report impact quarterly
- Be completely informed and educated on the Institutional framework, priorities, challenges, policy and procedure change of each relevant institution. Report and coordinate Pfizer response accordingly
Tender and Product availability:
- Responsible for all product Enlisting activity – New Products & New Product Forms in the target accounts
- Collect and maintain robust Data for target accounts/territory
- Consumption of Pfizer products by month
- Stock levels report monthly (at least quarterly)
- Competitive information on prices, consumption, activity, investment etc…
- Share quarterly report with all stakeholders and perform inventory management with the data
- Coordinate tender submission process with Pfizer stakeholders – Sales Operations & Demand, Regulatory, Finance, Regional Access, Sales Managers/Line Mangers/Directors & marketing – ensure timelines and tender requirements are met
- Ensuring timely Purchase Orders from Institutes
- Coordinate with concerned department on maintaining required inventory
- Monitor the product hygiene (shelf life) proactively
- Coordinate deliveries against PO from the supply point in line with requested delivery date and inventory at the customer end. Influence and align the PO dates with customer to ensure product availability at all times
- Coordinate and influence stock movement from CMS/central warehouse to hospitals to ensure proper inventory levels at all the hospitals/accounts
Operation Excellence / Business Coordination Objectives:
- Build, track Annual Strategic Objectives and report progress quarterly for allocated customers/accounts – Key account / Managed care / Insurance firm
- Build, track Annual Sales Objectives and report progress quarterly for allocated customers/accounts – Key account / Managed care / Insurance firm
- Coordinate the different sales activities and programs inside certain account among the different team members. Hold a monthly meeting cross portfolio and provide feedback to sales management on customer requests, response to promotions and product access
- Support the development and implementation of customer management tools e.g. Targeting, Key Account Management
- Ensure that customer focus is built in to country organization learning and development programs. Serve as a champion of the Customer Focused organization and a resource to encourage CCS through learning and development and informal coaching
- Produce a weekly pre-call plan and report visits and other activities using ECMS
- Conduct AV activities and group meetings to physicians on Pfizer Products, e.g. proper medical usage, dosage amounts and side effects
Job Specific technical/Functional/Professional Competencies:
- Commercial Awareness
- Account Planning
- Customer Relationship Management
- Influence Selling
- Influence Negotiation
- Colleague Relationship Management
- Leadership without Authority
- Project Management
- Proven ability to consistently deliver to time, cost and quality standards.
- Demonstrable experience of effective delivery in a complex matrix environment.
- Expertise in medical aspects of pharmacovigilance, scientific basis for therapies and drug-induced diseases.
- Thorough understanding of pharmacovigilance internal and external environment, including scientific, methodological and regulatory aspects. Understanding of product development and clinical research.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, frame, and communicate complex issues and their strategic implications for patient safety, including scientific writing and presentation proficiency.
- Strong ability at leading informal networks and virtual teams and at operating in a matrix environment.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with internal and external parties
- High skills in time management and organization.
Experience and Knowledge
- Pharmacist and preferable Omani pharmacist as requested by Oman authorities. (Omani Nationality is preferable)
- 4- 5 years of business experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or related field
- Fluency in written and verbal English required, bilingual preferred
- Experience of local laws and regulations dealing with issues
- Broad Therapeutic Area experience
- Communication skills
- MS Windows and MS Office skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior KAM, Regulatory or parmacovigilance experience.
- Have knowledge of applicable local safety monitoring legislation and guidelines and international standards for Pharmacovigilance.
- Where required by legislation complete a pharmacovigilance training recognized by the competent authority and demonstrate knowledge of the key pharmacovigilance activities performed as part of the Company’s pharmacovigilance system and of how to implement them.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.