MINOR Hotels (Anantara): RESERVATION AGENT
Between a beach and freshwater lagoon, Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara offers refreshing luxury, and also a gateway to Oman’s cultural treasures. Culinary experiences immerse you in the
Middle East’s exquisite tastes, and take curious diners on scintillating journeys. Sip refreshments and savour marinated barbeque dishes at the Mediterranean beach bar. Gourmet world flavors are yours to enjoy all day. For dinner, let us tempt you with Asian specialties from countries that border the Mekong River. At Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara Guests will enjoy a choice of 30 Premier Sea View rooms and 10 Deluxe rooms with sea or garden views, 96 villas, including 88 private pool villas, Private 250 meter beach, Outdoor temperature-controlled infinity swimming pool, Anantara Spa with Salalah’s first hammam and razul treatment rooms, 3 restaurants including a signature Asian restaurant and much more.
Al Baleed Resort by Anantara is looking for Reservation Agent to join its team.
You will assist in the effective operation of the Reservations department, to meet the business goals of the hotel, according to instructions given by Reservation Manager. You will manage incoming reservation requests in order to avoid a back log, ensure daily trace reports/follow up systems are being used effectively, and maintain effective office administrative procedures within the department to detect and safeguard against double-bookings, non-guaranteed bookings, filing errors and other inaccuracies.
- Promotes a helpful and professional image to the client and gives full cooperation to any customer requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
- Is thorough with the application of room reservations and group reservations procedures.
- Knows the required operation procedures of Opera (or any other system in use) and maintains an awareness of guest profile through system.
- Shows complete product knowledge, understand rate structure and apply rate management.
- Ensures all administration procedures are maintained to hotel and company standards.
- Answers all incoming calls to reservations as per the hotel standards.
- Positively contributes to the sales activities within the hotel and maximizes sales opportunities.
- Anticipates client’s needs.
- Attends training sessions when required and operates in line with the training and information received.
- Ensures fax machine is checked and correspondence is placed in the in-tray at the start of the shift.
- Ensures information received by fax is inputted and tallies with computer.
- Ensures all reservations and requests are confirmed to correctly and within 24 hours.
- Prioritizes work daily.
- Maintains filing on a daily basis and sets up new files when necessary.
- Understands 6pm release action and follows the guarantee procedure.
- Has a thorough knowledge of current rates and promotions. Promotes up-sells and cross sells at all times. Identifies and communicates sales leads.
- Understands the Hotel’s Credit Policy and ensures it is applied.
- Should check two to three times a day on line Reservations on CRS and other extranets (If not interfaced).
- Should be aware of aware of updating rates and availability on all channels.
- Should assist Reservations Manager for all weekly and monthly reports.
- Co-operates in the performance of any reasonable task requested by the management.
- College degree in hotel management or related field.
- Previous experience in hotel reservations and rooms.
- Familiar with available technology (PMS & RMS) and all distribution channels.
- Understand the dynamics of regional & local markets, as well as local competitors and events.