Oman Air: Sr. Manager- Contracts and Procurement
1. Develop Procurement, tendering & contracting strategy by identifying the contracts required for various departments. To ensure that the contract requirements are factored into the tendering & contract strategy based on the business strategy encompassing all departments and including details with regards to goods and manpower required to ensure accurate and cost effective procurement;
2. Engage and collaborate with the department heads and internal stakeholders to deliver an annual procurement plan that fulfills business expectations;
3. Research, identify and developing strategies to maximize vendor competencies and manage the integration of new vendors into the approved supply base.
1. Adhere to the Company’s health, safety, environmental and security policies at all times;
2. Responsible for the implementation of ISO processes, certification renewal & ensure all areas of responsibility are in constant compliance;
3. Ensure the Business Ethics and Core Values of the Supply Chain Management Department are implemented and followed in proper manner.
- Ensure direct reports adhere to departmental policies and processes;
- Develop policies, processes and systems for different types of contracts and monitor adherence to these to ensure that policies and processes are defined and implemented;
- Develop and monitor contracts by identifying scope/packages, tendering, invitation of bids, evaluation of contracts along with respective user department, legal validation of contracts, negotiation of contract rates and deliverables, selection of vendors to ensure that the required contracts are provided to the company at least total cost of ownership;
- Create a vendor database to facilitate the contracting process, supervise the vendor registration process, monitor quality of services provided by vendors and evaluate vendors using defined parameters and update database to reflect preferred vendors to ensure that the right vendors are selected to provide services to the company;
- Ensure implementation and compliance of all contracts including KPI’s, SLA’s verification of all deliverables by the concerned department, coordination with finance for clearance of payments, renegotiation of contracts due to changes in scope and company requirements etc.,
- Review quality of services provided by vendors to ensure that the required contracts are effectively executed and timely payments are made;
- Lead and manage lucrative high-end contract negotiations for development projects in collaboration with all Heads of departments, legal and finance support which deliver increased commercial benefit to the Company;
- Review and endorse appropriate information systems to be developed and implemented which support Procurement and Contract Management decision making;
- Develop and manage the departmental annual budget whilst ensuring that the targeted benefits and financial savings are achieved;
- Develop governance frameworks with preferred vendors. Ensure vendor compliance with requirements;
- Support internal and external audits, with effective communication and accountability;
- Develop and execute efficient and effective basic requirements for preferred vendor status, including credit risk analysis process and benchmarking. Identify suppliers/vendors at risk of failing to deliver goods or services, and institute corrective action;
- Resolve vendor’s grievances and claims;
- Perform other duties as delegated by his manager.
Value Added to Business
1. Carryout Cost Value Analysis for all high value goods and services;
2. Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations with key vendors and complex contracts;
3. Secure the best deals / prices with the suppliers through tendering process and negotiation;
4. Develop new supply sources including vendors at a global level to ensure optimum benefit to the company;
5. Identify opportunity for cost control based on a cost and trend analysis and identify opportunity for efficiencies and savings;
6. Continually create campaign and customize a company procurement, contract management and customer relationship strategy which minimizes overall costs and meets departmental objectives in line with the Oman Air’s corporate values;
7. Strategically put in place, processes and procedures including best practice techniques covering key vendor development programs, supplier audit, appraisal and accreditation which drive down company costs and maximize the benefit of the procurement function;
8. Check, verify and approve the release of all Purchase Orders to ensure accurate and effective processing method for payments as per the financial manual of authority.
1. Ensure that all Procurement and Contracts division staff adhere to the policies and business ethics;
2. Identify, assess and manage On Job Training needs for all staff under his division and coordinate with the Training Department to ensure relevant Training Courses are provided to qualified staffs;
Ensure the retention of high performers reducing turnover and increasing productivity through the recruitment, training, development and motivation of staff;
3. Provide coaching / mentoring to all his / her subordinates in the optimization of their personal potential so that the departmental and thus the corporate objectives are met.
- Vendor Liaison
1. Monitor vendor’s performance on continuous basis to improve their standards and match company requirements to be competitive with international standards and international market;
2. Handle negotiations and conflicts to bring amicable solution to both vendors and the company.
- Ensure Maximum Benefits
1. Oversee the ERP data entry fed in the system by department personnel to ensure that the system data is updated with no discrepancies or anomalies;
2. Maintain record of departmental expenditure.
- Contributing Policing Making
1. Monitor and amend policies and procedures based on the business needs to ensure they are current.
- General Procurement
1. Oversee procurement operations of all SBU’s needs to ensure timely, effective and efficient delivery of goods and services.
- Risk Mitigation
1. Review contracts, assess and mitigate the risks and ensure vendors adhere to all contract Terms of Conditions.
- Research Activities
1. Review, evaluate and benchmark processes and performance with other airlines and streamline processes, if required.
- Business Plan
1. Assist VP-SCM in preparing sort term and long term business plan.
1. Select, train and develop subordinates to ensure continuous improvement of human resource function;
Conduct periodic performance appraisal in line with the company’s performance appraisal system.
Education and Experience :
Bachelor degree in a related discipline with 10 years of relevant work experience progressive proven experience leading a Procurement, Contracts and Vendor development function including 03 years of Managerial experience.
Master degree in the related field will be advantage.
Professional Certification i.e.: Certificate in Purchasing & Supply, Lean Management Sigma etc. will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in English (Reading and Writing) :
- Proficiency in MS office
Ø Strong analytical skills.
Ø Thorough market knowledge.
Ø Mastery of International trade terms & conditions.
Ø Some technical understanding of Airport Ground Service Equipment.
Ø Business networking skills.
Ø Vendor Development.
Ø Proven track record with excellent influence and Negotiation skills.
Ø Understanding of basic legal contracting requirement.
- Proficiency in tendering process drafting and commercial evaluation.
- Strong Managerial background working with diverse teams
Strong business acumen