1. Develop Procurement, tendering & contracting strategy by identifying the contracts required for various departments. To ensure that the contract requirements are factored into the tendering & contract strategy based on the business strategy encompassing all departments and including details with regards to goods and manpower required to ensure accurate and cost effective procurement;
2. Engage and collaborate with the department heads and internal stakeholders to deliver an annual procurement plan that fulfills business expectations;
3. Research, identify and developing strategies to maximize vendor competencies and manage the integration of new vendors into the approved supply base.
1. Adhere to the Company’s health, safety, environmental and security policies at all times;
2. Responsible for the implementation of ISO processes, certification renewal & ensure all areas of responsibility are in constant compliance;
3. Ensure the Business Ethics and Core Values of the Supply Chain Management Department are implemented and followed in proper manner.
Value Added to Business
1. Carryout Cost Value Analysis for all high value goods and services;
2. Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations with key vendors and complex contracts;
3. Secure the best deals / prices with the suppliers through tendering process and negotiation;
4. Develop new supply sources including vendors at a global level to ensure optimum benefit to the company;
5. Identify opportunity for cost control based on a cost and trend analysis and identify opportunity for efficiencies and savings;
6. Continually create campaign and customize a company procurement, contract management and customer relationship strategy which minimizes overall costs and meets departmental objectives in line with the Oman Air’s corporate values;
7. Strategically put in place, processes and procedures including best practice techniques covering key vendor development programs, supplier audit, appraisal and accreditation which drive down company costs and maximize the benefit of the procurement function;
8. Check, verify and approve the release of all Purchase Orders to ensure accurate and effective processing method for payments as per the financial manual of authority.
1. Ensure that all Procurement and Contracts division staff adhere to the policies and business ethics;
2. Identify, assess and manage On Job Training needs for all staff under his division and coordinate with the Training Department to ensure relevant Training Courses are provided to qualified staffs;
Ensure the retention of high performers reducing turnover and increasing productivity through the recruitment, training, development and motivation of staff;
3. Provide coaching / mentoring to all his / her subordinates in the optimization of their personal potential so that the departmental and thus the corporate objectives are met.
1. Monitor vendor’s performance on continuous basis to improve their standards and match company requirements to be competitive with international standards and international market;
2. Handle negotiations and conflicts to bring amicable solution to both vendors and the company.
1. Oversee the ERP data entry fed in the system by department personnel to ensure that the system data is updated with no discrepancies or anomalies;
2. Maintain record of departmental expenditure.
1. Monitor and amend policies and procedures based on the business needs to ensure they are current.
1. Oversee procurement operations of all SBU’s needs to ensure timely, effective and efficient delivery of goods and services.
1. Review contracts, assess and mitigate the risks and ensure vendors adhere to all contract Terms of Conditions.
1. Review, evaluate and benchmark processes and performance with other airlines and streamline processes, if required.
1. Assist VP-SCM in preparing sort term and long term business plan.
1. Select, train and develop subordinates to ensure continuous improvement of human resource function;
Conduct periodic performance appraisal in line with the company’s performance appraisal system.
Education and Experience :
Bachelor degree in a related discipline with 10 years of relevant work experience progressive proven experience leading a Procurement, Contracts and Vendor development function including 03 years of Managerial experience.
Master degree in the related field will be advantage.
Professional Certification i.e.: Certificate in Purchasing & Supply, Lean Management Sigma etc. will be an advantage.
Ø Strong analytical skills.
Ø Thorough market knowledge.
Ø Mastery of International trade terms & conditions.
Ø Some technical understanding of Airport Ground Service Equipment.
Ø Business networking skills.
Ø Vendor Development.
Ø Proven track record with excellent influence and Negotiation skills.
Ø Understanding of basic legal contracting requirement.
Strong business acumen