Omantel: Specialist, Accounting and Compliance
Planning and Implementation:
- Implement short and long-term plans for the Department in line with Divisional goals and objectives.
- Participate in the development of Financial Control Division strategies and plans in collaboration with the Divisional Departments.
- Recommend improved analytical systems and modeling techniques.
- Ensure adherence to the international and local laws and regulations for Accounting and Compliance Department by developing performance indicators and evaluating Department results.
- Ensure and monitor the implementation of Administration and Compliance targets and initiatives.
- Assume role of project supervisor for projects undertaken by the Accounting & Compliance Department (the nature of these projects may include financial policies review, general ledger scrutiny, documentation policy etc.).
- Ensure projects meet desired objectives within time and cost constraints / deadlines.
- Managing the monthly financial closing activities.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial reporting standards.
- Assist Manager-Accounting and Senior Manager-Accounting in carrying out a analytical review of financial statements i.e comparison with previous year and budget.
- Assist in Automation of monthly closing activities.
- Perform reconciliation between GL and sub ledgers.
- Carry out ad hoc reconciliations as requested by the management.
- Assist in implementation of hyperion system for Group consolidation activities.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors in completing the audit processes.
- Identify issues relating to efficiencies and performance standards in the Accounting & Compliance Department and propose remedial measures wherever shortcomings are observed.
- Support Financial Control Division in order to ensure implementation of corporate financial processes and systems.
- Maximize quality of financial reporting and analysis.
- Support development and improve financial models and analytical approaches used by the finance team and wider business.
- Maintain financial information systems and ensure that data is accurate.
- Recommend introduction of new improved analytical systems and modelling techniques, meeting financial reporting and internal accounting policy, as required.
Audit and Review:
- Assume overall responsibility for adherence to policies and procedures in the area of financial accounting that meet all company and statutory requirements.
- Manage compliance and reporting requirements with CMA, Board of Senior Managers, Audit Committee and IFRS.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors for compliance processes.
Policies and Procedures:
- Test and verify existence of a robust framework of internal financial controls in the Company.
- Implement new accounting standards and apply them to Omantel in order to ensure compliance.
- Establish and implement effective accounting policies and control mechanisms that adhere to corporate policies, accounting best practices and statutory requirements.
- People Management:
- Motivate management and empower the team in financial control by providing the necessary tools and support required to support Department goals.
- Plan, manage, and review individual performance and provide regular feedback, development and coaching, taking prompt action where necessary.
- Build opportunities for Accounting and Compliance members to suggest, participate in and contribute to improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Provide guidance and ensure that the Accounting and Compliance Department complies with Omantel’s policies, processes, practices and systems
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting standards.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting principles.
- Experience required in working on Oracle ERP system.