Operation Director – OMANCAREERS – Muscat
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Day to Day management of the key operational functions of company in terms of Express / Last mile delivery, sortation, transportation and fulfilment services
- Overall responsibility for setting KPI’s relating to daily work, as well as improvement of both processes and cost.
- Work with Customer Service, Commercial and PMO departments to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of services, meeting customer expectations and requirements.
- Manage operational cost base and resources across all core ops functions.
- Work with employees to maintain proper staffing levels while managing labor costs.
- Work with employees to generate SOP and function with best practices to maintain service quality, increased flows of shipment volume, safety and cleanliness.
- Manage maintenance and preventative maintenance programs for warehouse equipment and lift truck fleet.
- Manage relationships with Express, Fulfilment and Transport to improve speed and accuracy of the inbound and outbound order fulfillment process.
- Lead process change initiatives including enhancements to create improved efficiencies across company operations.
- Monitoring employee conduct or infractions of behavior through investigation and discipline as necessary. Must be strong in leadership and willingness to confront employees with corrective actions with a sense of urgency.
- Supervise, mentor, and train warehouse personnel on all aspects. Look for employees with desire and talent to promote and encourage them. Look for opportunities to engage them at another level.
- Create objectives that drive a continuous improvement agenda to manage customer expectations and be cost minded.
- Facilitate teams for all aspects of work where work is best completed with all involved.
- Continuous and structured communication with all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for meeting monthly volume targets and service performance levels.
- Attend monthly employees meetings, daily meetings, management meetings and participate as necessary.
- Ability to be on call in emergency situations including either employee or building emergencies
Job Type: Full-time
- Express service (Logistics): 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19