Operations Coordinator – DHL – Oman
The GSOP agent is responsible for ensuring a smooth process flow for both inbound and outbound shipments is achieved on a daily basis making sure all relevant GSOP / ISO procedures are followed.
- Act as an ambassador for DHL at all times and attend to customer needs in a professional, friendly and courteous manner
- Wear required DHL uniform at all times when on duty
- Ensure that a high level of professional rapport is developed and maintained with all internal customers
- Follow up on all customer enquiries and direct customer to the correct DHL department where further information is required
- Maintain proactive work processes to ensure teamwork, shuttle procedures and overall base performance is achieved
- Respond to all queries on the telephone both from internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner driving the image of DHL as a market leader.
- Work with contractors to ensure that shipments beyond operations capability are attended to urgently
- Alert Team Leader in advance when contractor help is required
- Provide suggestions to improve operation efficiencies or business needs
- Maintain a proactive and careful attitude toward security of facility, freight and personnel
- Provide accurate and complete paperwork for shipment movement and any financial transactions
- Handle all freight with the maximum possible care Reconcile all non-delivered shipments and ensure priority is given to these for the next delivery cycle
- Perform any other associated tasks as reasonably required within the scope of the role
- Ensure that all inbound and outbound shipments are 100% sorted, processed and scanned to comply with standards and ensure that prompt and accurate data is available to the network.
- Check and modify all outbound shipments at reweigh stage to ensure 100% accuracy of HAWB destination routing.
- Ensure that all weighing, volumetric charging and trunking movements of outbound shipment are completed 100% accurately and in a timely manner.
- Open/Close flights through SCL, which includes 100% WPX containerisation and ensure that all on forwarding shipments are 100% accurately processed within 2 hours of arrival at the station.
- Ensure 100% CIA imaging compliance for all WPX shipments so that they can retrieve instantly for copying, checking as required.
- This role has no direct reports or personnel authority. Nevertheless he/she can influence others to enable improvement and change within the organisation.
- It is expected that the individual will work positively in a team environment.
Qualifications & Key Requirements
Education Level: Newly Graduated
- Physical capacity to perform the inherent requirements of the role including moving, lifting, carrying, loading/unloading various shaped/weight objects regularly
- Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal style
- Excellent personal presentation, grooming and hygiene
- Good clear command of the English language
- Reasonable knowledge of local metro areas
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise workload
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service experience and focus
- Ability to effectively contribute as a team member as part of a busy team
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative/judgement to solve job related issues
- Prior experience in a transport industry preferable
- Demonstrates high level of commitment, energy and resilience.
- Committed to delivering quality results and exceeding expectations.
- Eye for detail
- Good at building relationships and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and able to work pressure and time deadlines
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Sound educational background, with basic knowledge of the Service Industry
- Excellent Listening, writing and Speaking English & Arabic
- Only Omani Nationalities