Operations Director – Blue Hat HR Services – Muscat
We are looking for an Operations Director who is capable to manage and oversee all the daily operations of Courier company. The position requires extensive knowledge and proven experience within Courier Express operations, transportation and fulfilment services. The Operations Director will be accountable for the design, and execution of all operational plans across the Courier company network. This position requires a leader with a demonstrated ability to initiate and implement change within a logistics / Express business. It is necessary for the individual to be skilled in organizational management, financial planning, budgeting, strategic planning and project execution. Must be experienced in building and developing multi-functional teams within a logistics business environment. The Ops Director will be responsible for meeting financial and service quality targets and will report directly to the Managing director as part of the senior management team. Will also have responsibility for supporting delivery of the Courier company business plan and strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Day to Day management of the key operational functions of Courier company in terms of Express / Last mile delivery, sortation, transportation, and fulfilment services.
- Overall responsibility for setting KPI’s relating to daily work, as well as improvement of both processes and cost.
- Work with Customer Service, Commercial and PMO departments to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of services, meeting customer expectations and requirements.
- Manage operational cost base and resources across all core ops functions.
- Work with employees to maintain proper staffing levels while managing labor costs.
- Work with employees to generate SOP and function with best practices to maintain service quality, increased flows of shipment volume, safety and cleanliness.
- Manage maintenance and preventative maintenance programs for warehouse equipment and lift truck fleet.
- Manage relationships with Express, Fulfilment and Transport to improve speed and accuracy of the inbound and outbound order fulfillment process.
- Lead process change initiatives including enhancements to create improved efficiencies across Courier company operations.
- Monitoring employee conduct or infractions of behavior through investigation and discipline as necessary. Must be strong in leadership and willingness to confront employees with corrective actions with a sense of urgency.
- Supervise, mentor, and train warehouse personnel on all aspects. Look for employees with desire and talent to promote and encourage them. Look for opportunities to engage them at another level.
- Create objectives that drive a continuous improvement agenda to manage customer expectations and be cost minded.
- Facilitate teams for all aspects of work where work is best completed with all involved.
- Continuous and structured communication with all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for meeting monthly volume targets and service performance levels.
- Attend monthly employees’ meetings, daily meetings, management meetings and participate as necessary.
- Ability to be on call in emergency situations including either employee or building emergencies
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in a senior operations / director role within the logistics / Express industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Management / Logistics related subject preferred.
- Prior experience in CEP (Express) including domestic and international, contract logistics, freight forwarding inbound and outbound.
- Proven experience in leading a large complex logistics site / hub.
- Previous experience of having P&L accountability.
- Collaborative Leadership -Knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network while instilling a sense of purpose in others; sees connection to larger purposes.
- Communicate for Impact -Devoting the time and resources necessary to communicate the strategic vision, direction, priorities, and progress of the team for which you are responsible.
- Customer Relationship Building -Having an intimate knowledge of the customer’s changing needs and the ability to produce rapid results in all areas.
- Financial Acumen -Maintains and applies a broad understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are commercially sound, responsible, and are strategically aligned.
- Leading Change – Ability to develop and implement an organizational strategy and to incorporate it into the organization’s long-term goals.
- Ability to create a work environment that encourages creative thinking and the ability to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Leading People -Ability to develop and implement strategies to maximize employee performance and foster employee engagement in meeting the organization’s strategy. ·
- Strategic Agility -Gains perspective and balances the pressure between daily tasks and strategic actions that impact the long-term viability of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Competent with MS Office suite.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Snr.operations role (Courier/logistics industry): 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19