Orion Group: Construction Manager Mechanical & Piping (ACM M&P)
- The Area Construction Manager (M&P) is accountable to the Central Processing Facilities (CPF) Site Manager and will be responsible for the following functions:
- On rotation at site on a 4 week on / 4 week off basis, has responsibility for the oversight and assurance of all M&P activities by the CPF EPCC Contractor.
- Shall work in a One Team environment and work closely with other Client’s team members and Contractors personnel.
- Must have experience of large oil and gas, LNG projects, involving piping fabrication/installation, equipment installation, flange management, testing of pipework and mechanical completions and has preferably a piping and/or mechanical craft background.
- Has experience of working on Greenfield and Brownfield projects working under control of works in an operating environment.
- Minimum qualification HNC in a piping or mechanical
- Strong working knowledge of construction planning, construction methodology, productivity analysis, quality assurance and HSSE procedures.
- Review of contractor task risk assessments as and when required.
- Review of contractor permit to work including all backup documentation before tasks commencing if required.
- Attend and actively participate in the daily contractor pre-start or toolbox talk meetings
- International and/or multicultural experience.
- Act as a Site Safety Leader and role model to promote the highest standards in Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) culture in the project community.
- Ensure compliance with the safety assurance plan so that work is accomplished in an environmentally sound manner using safe work practices.
- To be aware of all Health and Safety requirements as set out in the Project HSSE Policy and all updates and revisions of same, be aware on a proactive level of all and any HSSE issues that occur on a day to day basis actively resolving and reporting such events.
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or re-testing through the EPCC Contractor.
- Evaluate construction against drawings recording and reporting any deviation or change to agreed design.
- Review contractor work performance and project status updates.
- In line with the project schedule monitor and record contractor’s progress and key milestones.
- Ensure work is performed as per “approved for construction” plans and specifications via coordination with Quality Assurance (QA).
- Have knowledge and be familiar with piping and/or mechanical installation methods, Codes and regulations, Safety rules and construction techniques.
- All other duties and task as required by the Site Manager.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment