Orion Group: Construction Manager – Piping
- Be accountable to the clients Site Manager for the safe delivery and mechanical completion of pipeline components of the Gas Export, Gas Gathering, and Utilities distribution pipeline systems; meeting quality and performance requirements, on schedule and within budget.
- As a safety leader for the work scopes, drive Contractor HSSE performance during all aspects of the construction.
- Provide leadership to the site based EPCM and Construction Contractor teams in areas of HSSE, including occupational and process safety, scope execution, quality management, schedule management, risk management, personal behaviours and contractor relationships.
- Works closely in support of Project Managers and the Site Manager to resolve major conflicts, disputes, disagreements, etc. in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitor issue of AFC engineering documentation / drawings to the contractor to meet the construction schedule (CWP production). Muscat delivery team responsible for the engineering deliverables.
- Confirm that the material and procurement schedule is aligned with the contractor execution schedule. Initiate interventions with EPCM Contractor as required.
- Input to front end construction reviews.
- Day to day site management of the EPCM contractor and monitoring / oversight / intervention with Construction Contractors as required.
- Ensure EPCM contractor and the Site QA teams are working efficiently to complete ITP’s.
- Ensure Management of Change is implemented in line with project procedure.
- TQ’s processed and responded to in a timely manner by the Delivery Team.
- Advise management of requirement to intervene to avoid schedule slippage or recovery.
- Maintain budget overview including validation of cost invoices or claims with full support of the PST.
- Oversee the proper application of Control Of Work
- Maintain a close relationship with the Completions team to allow an efficient and phased Mechanical Completion
- Maintain close relationship with the commissioning team to allow phased commissioning and system handover as needed.
- Engineering/science degree level qualification (preferred)
- Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- 15 years of experience in pipeline construction delivery / management
- Demonstrative commitment and track record of managing and coaching an HSSE culture within a culturally diverse work force. Capability to motivate people of all backgrounds to work safely
- Ability to intervene in critical situations in order to redirect construction focus to achieve the required result.
- Builds strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, particularly within the project organization, contractor organizations and local authorities.
- Has deep understanding of pipeline construction practices, and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and construction quality.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.