Lead the team of maintenance staff & external contractors in performing rotating services on planned / un-planned maintenance (CM, PM & TA) activities utilizing maintenance best practice. Ensure plant
equipment availability, reliability & optimization and facilitating smooth operations of the plant to meet operational targets.
- Conduct tool box meetings to establish scope of work, HSE requirement & permit to work (E-PTW), special tools and material on a daily basis.
- Attend internal meeting (Operation, TSD, Planning & other department involves in planned rotating maintenance activities) to discuss and proactively resolve issues.
- Provide inputs for development of maintenance contracts & its administration, technical evaluation on RFQ, control and availability of resources.
- Provide input in technical evaluation of new tenders as required and participation in kick-off meetings on planned maintenance (CM, PM & TA)
- Review all planned maintenance activities (CM, PM and TA) and ensure rotating equipment maintenance history & reports are updated in SAP (CMMS) and work orders are communicated with maintenance staff & contractors.
- Ensure approved planned maintenance sequential of activities & work prioritization and availability of required resources (spare parts, tools, drawings & manpower) are carried out accordingly as per scheduled.
- Attends daily meetings & communicates with Operation, TSD, Planning, HSE and other departments for coordination of complex maintenance activities.
- Develop a well-defined back-up plan, such as organizing maintenance staff during on-call & emergency maintenance works in plant during silence hours / off duty.
- Develop & implement solutions to maintenance process & activities ensuring risk of failures are fully detected, understood and mitigated.
- Ensure that effective execution of planned maintenance activities /services are carried out & completed in accordance to maintenance best practice and within time frame.
- Provide guidance & support to maintenance team on identifying critical issues, repetitive failure of rotating equipment (RCA) & work backlogs.
- Review and update maintenance progress reports & contractor’s performance and takes appropriate action for any issues arise.
- Evaluate job performance for maintenance team and assist Department Manager and set key performance indicators for the department.
- Develop and provide effective Training Program for the development of young engineers.
Knowledge Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum Qualifications for this position is a University degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimal total experience of 12 years in Rotating Equipment Maintenance Services inclusive of 4 years of relevant experience as Maintenance Team Leader role (Oil & Gas / Petrochemical or Refinery Plant experience preferred).
- Experience and knowledge in project planning, cost control, contract development, installation, trouble shooting, and start-up.
- Sound judgment in technical matters with good skills in engineering field materials specifications and international standards.
- Good experience in handling of Maintenance Contracts and shutdown related jobs.
- Knowledge of :
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Expertise in SAP- PM
- Process Equipment Life-Cycle Management
- Broad understanding of relevant processes, plant and equipment regarding rotating equipment.
- Knowledge in operating and maintaining the reliability of all rotating equipment.
- Experience in condition monitoring systems on rotating equipment’s.
- Good knowledge in Quality Assurance, Quality Control and HSE plans.
- Familiar with techniques for ensuring data integrity with various integration of information/ reports
- Knowledgeable in HSE plans related to maintenance activities.
- Understanding of Process (P&IDs / PFDs) & Engineering drawings and OEM manuals.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficiency in M/S Office
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple activities & awareness of live plant work constraint
- Strong organization skills with an ability to prioritize competing assignments
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide technical information and able to undertake effective fault finding solution.
- Proficient in reading, working on blueprints and drawings.
- Excellent understanding of Reliability methods and applications
- Detailed knowledge of planned maintenance schedules.
- Turbo-machinery maintenance (Rotating)& troubleshooting
- Maintenance Software Application – (SAP) Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Rotating equipment condition-based monitoring
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA.)
- Business / Commercial acumen
- Performance management
- Analytical Thinking
- Time Management
- Result Driven
- Motivation and Initiative