The Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) Operator is responsible for the Mukhaizna sewage treatment plant (STP), Vacuum Station and sewage collection systems. Ensuring that all OXY Mukhaizna Safety and HES Policies and Procedures are being met during the day to day operation and that the total sewage process is meeting the MRMEWR standards. The STP Operator is responsible for reviewing and setting chemical dosages, monitoring chemicals as needed to enhance or regenerate the Sewage Treatment Process. The STP Operator monitors system PLC/HMI’s and adjusts and regulates flow rates, pressures and distribution of sewage and treated water. The STP Operator participates in system cleanings and regenerations of treating media filter beds and softeners using established methods. The STP Operator samples and tests various process streams to determine pH, turbidities, TSS, TDS, Oil and Grease, and Total Hardness, using Spectrophotometer, turbidity meter, conductivity meter, pH meters. The STP Operator records data and manages process key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the sewage system.The Sewage Treatment Plant Operator’s responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide all data from the plant for daily operation of all units in the plant and give recommendation to management regarding any change or modification need to be done for short and long range goals and objectives and the plans and programs directed to assure continuous operation.
- Reviewing and where necessary amending the STP plant when changes to the operational status.
- Performs all work in STP related to operation and administration for all helper in the plant and other actives (reports, training, perform new employee development, and affirmative action).
- Undertaking regular Inspections and Audits of the STP, PPE, chemicals and equipment parts.
- Maintaining detailed records of all operations, troubleshooting, defects in the system, chemicals cleaning.
- Monitor and optimize plant performance through the measurement, recording and interpretation of process parameters (pH, alkalinity, temperature, turbidity, disinfection, etc.) and analytical results.
- Use the SCADA/HMI and Telemetry systems to monitor the performance and condition of the plant.
- Operate and do routine maintenance of mechanical and biological equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and services to plant items, and notify supervisor- Operations of any irregularities with regard to operational performance and do work order requests.
- Ensure chemical preparation and dosing is carried out safely, accurately and efficiently.
- Monitor inventory of water and sewer treatment chemicals and order directly as required.
- Conduct security inspections, integrity checks and risk assessments of lagoons and reservoirs.
- Record and report on work output including operational log, times of work, assigning of job and plant maintenance performed.
- Be available for restored overtime and call-out emergencies outside of normal working hours.
- Perform other duties as required consistent with the level of competencies of the position.
JobMaintenance SupportPrimary LocationOman-Al Wusta-MukhaiznaOrganizationEAST HEMScheduleFull-time
- College Diploma with Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the operation of water and sewage treatment plants Or General Diploma Certificate (Secondary School) with minimum of 5 years’ experience in the operation of water and sewage treatment plants.
- Good PC skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Omani Driver License is required for this position.
- Ability to perform general laboring tasks involved in the operation and maintenance of water and sewer treatment plants.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision.
- Must be willing to receive the following vaccinations Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B & Tetanus. It is inherent requirement of this position that the incumbent be immunized as one form of control in order to minimize workplace illness/disease.